Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

You're Walt: Do You Do This Deal?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Ramirez has had two pretty good seasons. Even though I think he'll be a perennial All Star, I wouldn't actually call him a stud just yet.

 

He's SS on pace for 34 homers this year. Wouldn't that put him in an elite group today? When you hear so-called experts talk about the top players, he's ALWAYS mentioned.

  • Replies 46
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
High salary is only a factor if you're not producing at a high salary level. Griffey and Arroyo are not. Dunn is debateable.

 

Your last comment is a good one. Who would the Marlins have to offer for you to trade #32?

 

 

I don't know that there are any, but the conversation would have to start with Andrew Miller, the 6'6'' lefty and Scott Olsen, the 6'5'' lefty.

  • Author
Says who?

 

I'd love having 3 outfielders with speed who will hit .300+.

 

And if you're going to pay Hanley Ramirez bigtime money, he can drive in a few runs.

 

Come on. He played half a season last year and had 14 RBIs. You want 3 of those?

  • Author
I don't know that there are any, but the conversation would have to start with Andrew Miller, the 6'6'' lefty and Scott Olsen, the 6'5'' lefty.

 

Would you take "only" those 2 for him?

He's SS on pace for 34 homers this year. Wouldn't that put him in an elite group today? When you hear so-called experts talk about the top players, he's ALWAYS mentioned.

 

 

34 homers with under 70 RBI's.

Come on. He played half a season last year and had 14 RBIs. You want 3 of those?

 

I'll take an outfield full of .300+ hitters with speed any day of the week and twice for doubleheaders.

Would you take "only" those 2 for him?

 

Um, sure why not? As long as I've got 3 Norris Hoppers in the outfield. :lol:

 

Two young lefties with live arms and already pitching on the major league level.

 

Not sure why the Marlins would do that, though.

I'll take an outfield full of .300+ hitters with speed any day of the week and twice for doubleheaders.

 

 

What's a doubleheader? That's so 1970's. :confused::lol:

What's a doubleheader? That's so 1970's. :confused::lol:

 

Yeah, we've got ESPN Classic. :D

Um, sure why not? As long as I've got 3 Norris Hoppers in the outfield. :lol:

 

Two young lefties with live arms and already pitching on the major league level.

 

Not sure why the Marlins would do that, though.

 

 

Are you kidding? Miller is awful.

Are you kidding? Miller is awful.

 

He's got some serious problems with his mechanics.

  • Author
34 homers with under 70 RBI's.

 

OK but remember we're talking about a SS that is only 24. We can all agree his best days are ahead of him and he's darn good now so...

 

He hit .307 , .438 SLG, and .795 OPS last season with RISP.

Are you kidding? Miller is awful.

 

Andrew Miller is 23, 6'6'', left handed and has a live arm. He was rushed up to the major leagues.

 

And no, I probably wouldn't accept that trade but I had to put an end to Clyde's questioning at some point.

Andrew Miller is 23, 6'6'', left handed and has a live arm. He was rushed up to the major leagues.

 

And no, I probably wouldn't accept that trade but I had to put an end to Clyde's questioning at some point.

 

He's got potential, but his mechanics need work or he'll end up just like Dontrelle Willis. He throws across his body leading to the inability to throw strikes on a regular basis. Also makes him injury prone.

OK but remember we're talking about a SS that is only 24. We can all agree his best days are ahead of him and he's darn good now so...

 

He hit .307 , .438 SLG, and .795 OPS last season with RISP.

 

 

I'm confident he's going to be a great baseball player, but I still don't do the deal. The Reds minor league system is stocked with shortstops, but is low on outfield prospects. The Reds have high hopes for Chris Valaika (23) who has combined to hit .311 with 11 HR's and 48 RBI between Sarasota and Chatanooga so far this year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.