Major Supreme Court Ruling in favor of Gun Owners

I think that the SCUS got it right, but I think we should drop any pretense that there are ANY conservative Justices. Let's look at what they have ruled.

First, they have ruled that the second amendment is an individual right. In my opinion, they got that part right.

Second, they ruled that it is permissable to place reasonable restrictions on gun use and ownership. Note that they have NO objection to gun registration, sale restrictions or outright bans on some weapons.

Third, they substituted their judgement of what constitutes "reasonable" for that of the duly elected legislative body. That would seem to me to be the very definition of a liberal judge.

Bottom line, gun ownership for protection and sport is protected. Bans of some types of weapons, registration of weapons, restrictions on sale conditions are all allowed. Sounds good to me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Gun grabbers in Congress are changing their tactics by calling for the registration of all ammunition buyers and for "ballistic fingerprinting" of all ammunition and firearms. Their plan includes:::

Banning non-serialized/encoded ammunition

Banning lead bullets

banning guns that don't micro-stamp

Banning large ammunition magazines Banning conventional ammunition as armor piercing

Banning non-sporting ammunition

Banning hollowpoint bullets

Banning or prohibitively taxing handgun ammunition

Banning ammunition through consumer product regulations

Banning .25,.32,9mm, 5.7x28mm and .50 cal. ammunition

Banning Black Rhino,Rhino Black Talon and Blammo Ammo

Their goal:::: Destroy our Right To Keep And Bear Arms

:thumb:They want to turn this country into a government ran society, banning all weapons of any kind (no matter what they claim), they want government ran health care and even to put limits on what companies can make and how people can use their own money.

So, just how long can we all count on being free?

These are just a few points on their agenda that they are covering up. I ask......does this remind anyone of anything or any other form of government?.....hmmmmmmm. ;)

Edited by oldrambler

I think the only real WACKO would have to be Ruth Ginsberg, Queen of the ACLU.
:thumb:That idiot would be one of many.

Exactly, this is one of many reasons Obama is wrong for this country. :thumb:

It's downright frightening!

You'll be surprised though how many people will tell you that won't happen and they couldn't be more wrong IMO. I'm sure you'll hear it on this board.

:thumb: And just who has brainwashed them into believe this? Probably a lot of the same ones that are pushing their agenda on the college students that have a bout as much experience as Obama, :lol:. They had better hurry up and make their living now, while they are still in school and know everything :D. When they get out in the real world and discover for themselves that all of this just isn't so......then they are in for a rude awakening.

I am not against a college education at all, just know that "some" professor's are pushing their own liberal junk and the students have not been around long enough to spot a fraud and they actually believe that what they are saying is the truth.

:thumb:They want to turn this country into a government ran society, banning all weapons of any kind (no matter what they claim), they want government ran health care and even to put limits on what companies can make and how they use their money. How long will it be before that goes for us as well?

These are just a few points on their agenda that they are covering up. I ask......does this remind anyone of anything?.....hmmmmmmm, sure sounds like a name that starts with Comm to me.;)

:thumb::thumb: The bullet coding idea I mentioned goes back to the 1930's, but was brought to light again during the Johnson years. LBJ's National Commission On the Causes and Prevention of Violence was the first to recommend such law.(bullet Coding)

The politicians who want to ban guns, but don't have the votes in Congress and state legislatures are trying to achieve the same effect with their ammo ban ideas.

The sad part is, within the last year 13 states have introduced ammunition bills. All of those bills would prohibit the manufacture and sale of ammunition, unless the bullets are coded and registered to the owners in a computerized database.

Edited by cvillecat

For those of you who watch too much CSI, it was only two years ago that the FBI discovered a small problem with their bullet lead analysis. Nothing big, just the small issue that their analysis was totally bogus and was being used to convict people.

I think the only real WACKO would have to be Ruth Ginsberg, Queen of the ACLU.

Yet, by all reports, Scalia and Ginsburg are fast friends, both from NYC and the same law school, and whom attend opera frequently together.

For those of you who watch too much CSI, it was only two years ago that the FBI discovered a small problem with their bullet lead analysis. Nothing big, just the small issue that their analysis was totally bogus and was being used to convict people.

Yes, that report settled several cases for me.

There is an outstanding chance, IMO, that Barack Obama will be president for eight years, likely nominating several SC justices in the process.

RTS, by 2016 or before, you will be lucky to own a water pistol, partner.

That's what worries us, losing our freedom. Just another good reason to vote against Crock.

I don't own guns, but the more I think about it, the more I begin to realize how incredibly vital of a right it is that citizens owning guns really is.

Vital? I'm not so sure it is a vital right of ours. I believe in the 2nd amendment right to bear arms and I am a gun owner. I am also for some restrictions on the guns that citizens are allowed to own. I believe the process in which someone obtains a firearm is very important and that only the people who prove they can follow the laws of the United States should be allowed to legally own a firearm.