Major Supreme Court Ruling in favor of Gun Owners

Oh baloney. Put down your Democratic kool aid, quit accepting Obama's spin ads as Gospel and do some research. Of the three you mentioned, only one has any merit. He has consistently been in support of the Iraq war and is and has always been opposed to gay marriage to the best of my knowledge. If you have a statement from McCain saying he is or has been in favor of gay marriage, I'd like to see it (and don't tell me what his MySpace Page said; here is a link addressing that: http://mike.newsvine.com/_news/2007/03/27/633799-hacking-john-mccain) because I have never heard McCain say he is in favor of gay marriage. You provide a link to where McCain stated that he was at one time in favor of gay marriage and I'll admit I was wrong, but I doubt you are going to be able to provide such a link.

As for Bush's tax cuts, yes years ago he was opposed to them. And now (and for some time) he has been in favor of the tax cuts. So I'll give you that one. But that sure as heck doesn't qualify as nearly everything. Heck, I'll even throw you a bone and say he flipped flopped on off shore drilling. As I posted in another thread, I think the changing energy situation merited a change in his position and I actually commend him for being willing to re-assess his position on that issue. I wouldn't be in favor of it either if gas was $2 a gallon. I am now.

And those two issues(or arguably one issue) are (is) "nearly everything"? Come on. Make credible posts if you want to be considered as credible.

Bottom line: There is zero doubt as to whether McCain would ever have beliefs across the board that are as liberal as Obama's and there is zero doubt as to whether McCain would ever attempt to appoint a justice to the SC that is as liberal as the one that Obama would appoint. The fact that you threw up such a ridiculous post leads me to conclude that my post has you very worried about its logic.

First of all, I have not seen one single Obama ad. But thanks for the advice. I'm glad you think you know me so well. I think it is HILARIOUS when people on here who are very supportive of either Republicans or Democrats tell someone who does not share their beliefs to stop drinking the "kool aid". Maybe you should take your own advice. John McCain is far from perfect and has been caught on television with differing opinions (on the same topic), sometimes in the same night!

When have I ever posted a link to myspace? Ever? No, I have not. So not sure where that came from.

Why are you so condescending towards others at certain times? I never said I wanted to be considered "credible". Where do you get this stuff?

Oh, and the following video is quite funny in regards to McCain's views on Gay marriage.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OH and what was it McCain said about being in Iraq for the next 100 years? Basically he was saying we should have a military presence there for a very long time right?

Now look at what he's saying:

"My friends, the war will be over soon ... for all intents and purposes, although the insurgency will go on for years and years and years," the Arizona senator said. "But it will be handled by the Iraqis, not by us."

LINK

Please spin those quotes according now...

McCain has flip-flopped his views at one time or another on each of the following issues. I apologize for my list being incomplete but I have to go out of town for awhile. I will be glad to provide the quotes and/or link to substantiate each and every one these and will do so in the appropriate thread. Again, I apologize for the list not being complete, but I would be here for another thirty minutes typing them.

But please don't insult my intelligence by pretending that McCain is something other than a habitual flip-flopper.

McCain Flip-Flops:

1. BushTax Cuts

2. Gay Marriage

3. Iraq/Time-Table for Withdrawal

4. Off-shore Drilling

5.Ethanol

6. Confederate Flag

7.Cuba

8. Privatizing Social Security

9. Ethics Reform

10. Immigration

11. Abortion

12. Hamas

13.War for Oil

14. Religious Right

15. Amnesty

16. Torture

17. Muqtada Al-Sadr

18. Death Tax

19. Negative Campaigning

20. FISA

21. English as Second Language

22. Iraq Safety/ Gen. Petraus

23. Iran-Al Queda

24. Iraq- Easy or Difficult?

25. George Bush Policies

26. His Knowledge on Ecomic Issues

27. Are Americans Better Off Than 8 yrs. Ago?

28. His Own McCain-Kennedy Immigration Bill

29. Fed. Response to Katrina

This one has gotten WAY off of the original topic but that certainly wouldn't be a first :D.

I believe that the scariest part of this is that 4 supreme court judges decided to rule against the constitution of the United States of America. The 2nd amendment could not read any more plain that it does.

One of if not my main deciding factor in this election may be based on the fear of a couple more far left wako judges sitting on the highest court in the land. When the supreme court goes away from the principles that this country was founded on and closer to a "government controlled society" like Obama wants it will not be long before all of our freedoms as we know it are gone. JMO

Obama and any future liberal idiot judges (which he would no doubt appoint :rolleyes:) would be a sickness to this country.

You think that things are bad now, just wait till' this "change" gets here.......:eek:

This one has gotten WAY off of the original topic but that certainly wouldn't be a first :D.

I believe that the scariest part of this is that 4 supreme court judges decided to rule against the constitution of the United States of America. The 2nd amendment could not read any more plain that it does.

One of if not my main deciding factor in this election may be based on the fear of a couple more far left wako judges sitting on the highest court in the land. When the supreme court goes away from the principles that this country was founded on and closer to a "government controlled society" like Obama wants it will not be long before all of our freedoms as we know it are gone. JMO

Obama and any future liberal idiot judges (which he would no doubt appoint :rolleyes:) would be a sickness to this country.

You think that things are bad now, just wait till' this "change" gets here.......:eek:

Agreed

Best thing is that the Liberal judges are the ones et to retire.