Major Supreme Court Ruling in favor of Gun Owners

Beaking news just in is that the United States Supreme Court has ruled in favor of honest Americans, the NRA and against the D./C. gun ban.

Essentially what this means is that American citizens have the right to own a handgun and not just groups ond organizations like the Military and the National Guard. This ruling did not limit this to just D.C. and imo is a Major victory for Gun Owners and the NRA and a Major defeat for some of the liberal lawmakers and wannabe elected officials.

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court says Americans have a right to own guns for self-defense and hunting, the justices' first major pronouncement on gun rights in U.S. history.

The court's 5-4 ruling strikes down the District of Columbia's 32-year-old ban on handguns as incompatible with gun rights under the Second Amendment. The decision goes further than even the ..........

Edited by oldrambler

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,372041,00.html

IMO a great victory for all gun owners, the NRA and any law abiding American citizens! :ylsuper:

Yes, thank goodness.

http://www.scotusblog.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/07-290.pdf

That is the entire ruling. A lot of good things but some that will be decided later. Obama must be defeated because the next President could appoint up to 4 SCOTUS Justices. We do not need 8 super-Liberal Justices.

F.Y.I. - I just heard an interview with NRA vice president and CEO Wayne LaPierre and he stated that the NRA would be filing law suits in places like Chicago and San Francisco to name a couple for their handgun bans to be lifted. Today's supreme court ruling did not limit this ruling to just D.C..

Also, no suprise that D. Feinstein and a couple of other of the far left liberal Dems are already complaining :rolleyes:

It is frightening that four liberal members of the US Supreme Court do not believe that there is an individual constitutional right to own firearms in this country.

A vote for Obama will be a vote for more liberal SC justices. If you hunt, own a firearm for self-defense, or believe in the Second Amendment, you should carefully consider the impact that a couple more liberal justices will have on your individual rights.

It is frightening that four liberal members of the US Supreme Court do not believe that there is an individual constitutional right to own firearms in this country

A vote for Obama will be a vote for more liberal SC justices. If you hunt, own a firearm for self-defense, or believe in the Second Amendment, you should carefully consider the impact that a couple more liberal justices will have on your individual rights.

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

F.Y.I. - I just heard an interview with NRA vice president and CEO Wayne LaPierre and he stated that the NRA would be filing law suits in places like Chicago and San Francisco to name a couple for their handgun bans to be lifted. Today's supreme court ruling did not limit this ruling to just D.C..

Also, no suprise that D. Feinstein and a couple of other of the far left liberal Dems are already complaining :rolleyes:

You are right OR, this is no surprise but something we have come to expect from this group.

Yes, thank goodness. That is the entire ruling. A lot of good things but some that will be decided later. Obama must be defeated because the next President could appoint up to 4 SCOTUS Justices. We do not need 8 super-Liberal Justices.
Exactly, this is one of many reasons Obama is wrong for this country. :thumb:

It is frightening that four liberal members of the US Supreme Court do not believe that there is an individual constitutional right to own firearms in this country.

It's downright frightening!

You'll be surprised though how many people will tell you that won't happen and they couldn't be more wrong IMO. I'm sure you'll hear it on this board.

David Souter was appointed by George I. A traditionalist in the sense that he has a reputation for being a guardian of the Court's institutional integrity, Souter voted alike with Scalia more than 8 times out of 10 during his early years on the Court. I wouldn't exactly call him a left-wing WACKO, though he has certainly taken a turn left since his early tenure.

David Souter was appointed by George I. A traditionalist in the sense that he has a reputation for being a guardian of the Court's institutional integrity, Souter voted alike with Scalia more than 8 times out of 10 during his early years on the Court. I wouldn't exactly call him a left-wing WACKO, though he has certainly taken a turn left since his early tenure.

I think the only real WACKO would have to be Ruth Ginsberg, Queen of the ACLU.

The Gun grabbers in Congress are changing their tactics by calling for the registration of all ammunition buyers and for "ballistic fingerprinting" of all ammunition and firearms. Their plan includes:::

Banning non-serialized/encoded ammunition

Banning lead bullets

banning guns that don't micro-stamp

Banning large ammunition magazines Banning conventional ammunition as armor piercing

Banning non-sporting ammunition

Banning hollowpoint bullets

Banning or prohibitively taxing handgun ammunition

Banning ammunition through consumer product regulations

Banning .25,.32,9mm, 5.7x28mm and .50 cal. ammunition

Banning Black Rhino,Rhino Black Talon and Blammo Ammo

Their goal:::: Destroy our Right To Keep And Bear Arms

There is an outstanding chance, IMO, that Barack Obama will be president for eight years, likely nominating several SC justices in the process.

RTS, by 2016 or before, you will be lucky to own a water pistol, partner.

No, I am pretty sure that he will screw things so bad in four years he will be lucky if the Dems let him run again.

Do you see no problem with the bolded part?