Mark Teixeira?

Alot of things happen to a team and a player between the time he is drafted and his debut. The Reds are in need of a guy to hit for average in the middle of this lineup. With Griffey and Dunn gone it free's up alot of money. I really didn't think enough before posting the thread lol. But still, I feel that it is a possibilty.

The logic that hdtwc was using was he has some pop and can bat from the right side of the plate. What he didn't think about, as stated, was Alonso...

And I think Alonso was the stupidest pick really. There were 2-4 VERY good relievers in the college ranks that throw HARD (upper 90's... 95+) that I have seen. These pitchers will be ready in a season and a half and are young. I really liked some pitchers in the CWS and I do not understand how the Reds did not pick them but picked a 1st baseman.

Alot of things happen to a team and a player between the time he is drafted and his debut.

This is very true, and thus leads to point #2: he's too expensive.

And I think Alonso was the stupidest pick really. There were 2-4 VERY good relievers in the college ranks that throw HARD (upper 90's... 95+) that I have seen. These pitchers will be ready in a season and a half and are young. I really liked some pitchers in the CWS and I do not understand how the Reds did not pick them but picked a 1st baseman.

The Reds went into the draft with 4 guys in mind. 2 were drafted prior to their pick, and 2 remained. Alonso and Georgia's shortstop was the other. For some reason, they went with Alonso. There really weren't any pitchers worthy of that high a pick available.