Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Teixeira?

Featured Replies

Does anyone else feel that Walt would be crazy not to be very aggresive towards him in free agency and move Joey Votto to left field. Of course this is pending Adam Dunn being dealt or let go at the end of the year.

Mark Teixeira is going to command 8 years and $160million. Do you think the Reds will really offer him that?

They drafted a 1st baseman this year that they expect to be up next year, so I'd have to say no.

They drafted a 1st baseman this year that they expect to be up next year, so I'd have to say no.

 

Exactly what I was thinking, why would they have drafted a 1st basemen then.;)

I look for them to move Votto to Left next year. The reason they drafted Alonso IMO is so they can release Dunn.

  • Author

Alot of things happen to a team and a player between the time he is drafted and his debut. The Reds are in need of a guy to hit for average in the middle of this lineup. With Griffey and Dunn gone it free's up alot of money. I really didn't think enough before posting the thread lol. But still, I feel that it is a possibilty.

The logic that hdtwc was using was he has some pop and can bat from the right side of the plate. What he didn't think about, as stated, was Alonso...

The logic that hdtwc was using was he has some pop and can bat from the right side of the plate. What he didn't think about, as stated, was Alonso...

 

And I think Alonso was the stupidest pick really. There were 2-4 VERY good relievers in the college ranks that throw HARD (upper 90's... 95+) that I have seen. These pitchers will be ready in a season and a half and are young. I really liked some pitchers in the CWS and I do not understand how the Reds did not pick them but picked a 1st baseman.

  • Author
The logic that hdtwc was using was he has some pop and can bat from the right side of the plate. What he didn't think about, as stated, was Alonso...

 

I am not DUMB ha, but thank you.

Alot of things happen to a team and a player between the time he is drafted and his debut.

 

This is very true, and thus leads to point #2: he's too expensive.

 

 

 

And I think Alonso was the stupidest pick really. There were 2-4 VERY good relievers in the college ranks that throw HARD (upper 90's... 95+) that I have seen. These pitchers will be ready in a season and a half and are young. I really liked some pitchers in the CWS and I do not understand how the Reds did not pick them but picked a 1st baseman.

 

The Reds went into the draft with 4 guys in mind. 2 were drafted prior to their pick, and 2 remained. Alonso and Georgia's shortstop was the other. For some reason, they went with Alonso. There really weren't any pitchers worthy of that high a pick available.

I'll take him, but he's got to start pronouncing his name correctly. There's no 'sh' anywhere in that name. Should be tikes-ee-eera or tikes-ira.

I like Teixeira a lot, but don't envision him in a Red's uni anytime soon.

 

Too expensive & too much young talent in his position(s).

I like Teixeira a lot, but don't envision him in a Red's uni anytime soon.

 

Too expensive & too much young talent in his position(s).

Agreed and not an option, in this current market.

I don't see the Reds spending $20mil per season on a first baseman when they already have a young Votto, and a powerful Alonso in the fold.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.