Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mark Teixeira?

Featured Replies

And I think Alonso was the stupidest pick really. There were 2-4 VERY good relievers in the college ranks that throw HARD (upper 90's... 95+) that I have seen. These pitchers will be ready in a season and a half and are young. I really liked some pitchers in the CWS and I do not understand how the Reds did not pick them but picked a 1st baseman.

You mean like Zach Stewart that they got in the 3rd round???

You mean like Zach Stewart that they got in the 3rd round???

 

Exactly, what I was thinking. I think they might have found a steal with him in the third round.

 

The Reds went into the draft with 4 guys in mind. 2 were drafted prior to their pick, and 2 remained. Alonso and Georgia's shortstop was the other. For some reason, they went with Alonso. There really weren't any pitchers worthy of that high a pick available.

 

Georgia's shortstop is phenominal.

Georgia's shortstop is phenominal.

"Side by side, Beckham’s brilliance and fallibility showcased itself in Game 2. He smacked three hits … and got caught stealing twice, doubling his season total. He walked twice … and scored just once despite getting on base five times. He drove in two more runs … and allowed one when a line drive sizzled through his glove. He turned a double play … and watched a ball drop between him and left fielder Lyle Allen, neither more than 3 feet from its landing spot."

I wouldn't have been mad to see them draft Beckham, however I think they went with what they saw as the sure thing in Alonso.

You mean like Zach Stewart that they got in the 3rd round???

 

CTrent said that guy is filthy. He has scouts wondering how he lasted until the 3rd.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.