Next Year's Favorites

Next Years Top Teams  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Next Years Top Teams

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the Louisville area in the 6th region, Bullitt East returns most of their team that made it to the 6th region final. PRP is always tough, yet loses 4 highly talented seniors, including Mr. Baseball. In the 7th, Manual returns most of their team including their top 2 pitchers. Eastern returns the number 1 and number 2 pitchers, Dunaway and Toombs. Trinity returns much of their line-up. St. X had a senior driven team and will be challenged to develop their players for next year. Male, too, returns some players. Christian Academy cannot be left out of the discussion any more. Coach Gray and his staff are getting the most from their players.

I don't know much outside of the 8th 9th and 10th, but I would have to say that Harrison Co. will be a top 5 team in the state for the next 2 years, and Cov. Cath will be a top 5 team in the state this year. Harrison lose only two varsity contributors and returns 7 everyday starters (6 will be juniors). Cov. Cath might have the most talented senior class in the state lead by Mr. Baseball hopeful Luke Maile. I look for both of these teams to make it to applebees, unless the meet up in the semi-sectionals.

Lawerence Co might have lost some good seniors but they have enough back that they should very well make a great run for the championship again. You do not have to be from Lexington or Louisville to be able to make it back to Applebees every year. Eastern Ky. has alot of young returning players that can make it to the next level.

I don't know much outside of the 8th 9th and 10th, but I would have to say that Harrison Co. will be a top 5 team in the state for the next 2 years, and Cov. Cath will be a top 5 team in the state this year. Harrison lose only two varsity contributors and returns 7 everyday starters (6 will be juniors). Cov. Cath might have the most talented senior class in the state lead by Mr. Baseball hopeful Luke Maile. I look for both of these teams to make it to applebees, unless the meet up in the semi-sectionals.

Harrison will be a very average team without Brandon Martin.

To beat them you will have to out score them. Most of their runs were scored in part due to the bats of the Sophmore class and the freshmen.

Harrison will have some very good young pitching also.

:laugh: Wow, no matter what the poll may be about you always find a way to throw a negative line out at Harrison. I don't know what it is about you camel fans, but you all just hate the Breds. I mean now that i think about it, it makes since why. But get over it. Brandon Martin may have dominated on the mound (everytime) but, he did not have the greatest bat on the team. He came around and got 2 key hits against the Colts of west j. But if i recall correctly he didn't really win any games for the breds at the plate. Any of these yound breds can work hard and become the pitcher that Brandon was. Brandon was a great young man and will be greatly missed by the breds. But he's in the past, the breds have to move on.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

Lawrence Co loses A LOT of SR's but they have one of if not the best pitchers back in Sheppard. Cody Moore a Freshman this year also threw really well down the stretch. I don't think they have the talent they had this year but they could make a run back to Applebee's on the back of their 1-2 punch. Jordan Miller was arguably their most consistant hitter all year as a Soph. They also had Shane Pack + Hackney starting all year. R. Compton saw some time too.

I look for Johnson Central to be the biggest contender to L.C. in the 15th Region. They were young this year and battled a lot of adversity having no home field. Pooh always does a good job there.

Lexington always has a slew of teams that have a shot. It's the best baseball in the state overall. PRP gets kids in there that will always keep them competitive on the state level. Harrison Co is like a baseball mecca so I look for them to be around. Greenup has had some strong teams out of the 16th along with Boyd Co. Apollo seems to always field a solid baseball club and teams like Trinity,Ballard, Shelby Co are usually good too.

I haven't seen the teams from up north. I know Cov Cath, Beechwood+ Ryle are usually pretty good.

The only thing that will be average about Harrison Co. will be the schedule they play. Harrison will be loaded for the next two years, and if they don't win region the next two years they should be truly disappointed. With or Without Brandon Martin. They will be able to put up runs with anybody.

The only thing that will be average about Harrison Co. will be the schedule they play. Harrison will be loaded for the next two years, and if they don't win region the next two years they should be truly disappointed. With or Without Brandon Martin. They will be able to put up runs with anybody.

I agree, the schedule was weaker this year. But I look for the Breds to beef up the schedule next year so that they can hit good pitching come playoff time.