Paul Pierce not faking, just tough?

1. Before the 2000-01 season, Pierce was stabbed 11 times at a Boston nightclub, suffered a collapsed lung and nearly bled to death while staggering to the hospital. Less than two weeks later, he played in Boston's first exhibition game. If the same thing had happened to Vince Carter, he would still be on the injured list seven years later.

2. During the 2002-03 season, Pierce got slammed face-first to the floor by Amare Stoudemire, breaking his two front teeth. Thirty minutes later, he was back playing with a mouthpiece. The following day, he underwent emergency dental surgery for seven hours. The day after that, he played against Portland with a mouthpiece and ended up hitting the game-winner.

What say you now Laker fans, and people in general who said he was faking the injury?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1. Before the 2000-01 season, Pierce was stabbed 11 times at a Boston nightclub, suffered a collapsed lung and nearly bled to death while staggering to the hospital. Less than two weeks later, he played in Boston's first exhibition game. If the same thing had happened to Vince Carter, he would still be on the injured list seven years later.

2. During the 2002-03 season, Pierce got slammed face-first to the floor by Amare Stoudemire, breaking his two front teeth. Thirty minutes later, he was back playing with a mouthpiece. The following day, he underwent emergency dental surgery for seven hours. The day after that, he played against Portland with a mouthpiece and ended up hitting the game-winner.

What say you now Laker fans, and people in general who said he was faking the injury?

Not a Laker fan...and I say, How do you break a tooth? I knew you could chip them real bad chipp half of it off maybe or get them knocked out, but I didn't know you could break them, lol.

And then ditto to what HT said.

Not a Laker fan...and I say, How do you break a tooth? I knew you could chip them real bad chipp half of it off maybe or get them knocked out, but I didn't know you could break them, lol.

And then ditto to what HT said.

I'm pretty sure breaking a tooth is possible, and likely very painful.

I am a Laker fan. And a Paul Pierce fan, and I still think he was "faking" a little the other night. I mean come on, you don't get carried off the court, and come running back on a few minutes later. Unless you are Batman, Spiderman, etc. I don't remember the Truth being in any comic books.