Who will be the 2A teams to watch this year?

Green County had a heavy graduation.

Danville has almost everybody back. I expect them to be very, very strong. Having seen the underclass from both Danville and Ft. Campbell last year, I think this is your West matchup and the nod to the Admirals. I think Ft. Campbell's QB was perhaps more relied upon than their fans realize.

Bardstown will have some players but too many holes in the line to contend just yet, at least in my estimation.

????

According to the 2A Preview Green Co. has NINE starters returning (from an 11-1 '07 team) on each side. If that isn't true, there's going to be a REAL problem with the pre-season rankings...

Danville has some returning skill people, but need to re-tool their lines. Once again, that's from the preview.

:confused: :confused:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not convinced that Fort Campbell was that dominate last year, they didn't beat Bardstown convincingly at home, and I don't think New Cath was as strong last year as they were in 2006. With that being said Danville doesn't have some of the sources of negativity they had last year, and the word is coach Harp isn't going to put up with any non sense this year. Sam Harp is a master at developing line play as the year progresses. Danville's defense will be fast and nasty this year. The offense has plenty of experience, skill, and speed at Quaterback, running back, and receiver. And remember Fort Campbell this year the road to Louisville will come thru Danville.:dancingpa:walk::ylsuper:

Murray will dress more kids this year than they have in a long while. There new coach has seemed to bring the excitement back to Tigertown. Plus, they have some really talented skilled kids and linemen back. they battled alot of injuries last year and if they stay healthy, could be a big surprise to Trigg Co, Caldwell Co and Heath in District 1. They'll have there hands full with Ft Campbell, but, I believe they can compete with any of the other 2a teams in D1 and D2..

I'm not convinced that Fort Campbell was that dominate last year, they didn't beat Bardstown convincingly at home, and I don't think New Cath was as strong last year as they were in 2006. With that being said Danville doesn't have some of the sources of negativity they had last year, and the word is coach Harp isn't going to put up with any non sense this year. Sam Harp is a master at developing line play as the year progresses. Danville's defense will be fast and nasty this year. The offense has plenty of experience, skill, and speed at Quaterback, running back, and receiver. And remember Fort Campbell this year the road to Louisville will come thru Danville.:dancingpa:walk::ylsuper:

The final score may have been close, but FC was in control pretty much the whole game against Bardstown. They played with a two-score lead most of the second half.

Hopefuly, Fort Campbell will make it, because the road to Louisville will come thru Danville this year. I know the coaches and players were not pleased with their showing against Bardstown last year, way to many senseless mistakes, but as I said earlier those sources are gone.:flame:

Murray will have to play real well to get by Trigg and Caldwell, but I think they have the pieces to do so including coaching which they have not had. They are capable of making a playoff run.

Once again I really like Ft. Campbell, they have about the best defensive players I have seen in a while in Carter and Durrante. They also have a great back in troy turner. Someone will have to step up at QB, and I am not sure about the o-line situation.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

Murray will have to play real well to get by Trigg and Caldwell, but I think they have the pieces to do so including coaching which they have not had. They are capable of making a playoff run.

Once again I really like Ft. Campbell, they have about the best defensive players I have seen in a while in Carter and Durrante. They also have a great back in troy turner. Someone will have to step up at QB, and I am not sure about the o-line situation.

Ft Campbell plays Mayfield in the season opener for both teams, so, you'll be able to tell pretty quickly what they'll have..

Not really. Fort Campbell lost their first one last year and got smoked in week two by Warren East. They turned out pretty good.

True, most teams will improve as the season wears on, but, the Falcons also weren't coming off a state championship last year and you have to believe there will be a different mindset to start off this yr vs last, from a confidence and experience standpoint..

Best shot at making to Louisville:

Fort Campbell

Newport Catholic

Danville

Corbin

Very Possible:

Owensboro Catholic

Bardstown

Prestonburg

Middlesboro

Glasgow

Green County

Holy Cross

DeSales

Possible Sleepers

Caldwell County

Trigg County

Metcalfe County

Shelby Valley

Murray

NewCath overall was better in 2007 than 2006. They just did not execute all the time and that turned out to be their achilles heel.