Who will be the 2A teams to watch this year?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fort Campbell returns 6 starters on D and 8 on O. They are THE team too beat in the west. They should be very physical and play with high intensity. I dont see anyone in the west beating FC. They are to Fast and discipline. They will represent West Kentucky in Louisville again.

Prestonsburg will have a solid ballclub it appears.

The Blackcats return 8 starters both ways including their QB, and the combo of Seth Setser (FB/LB UK Recruit) and Allen Craynon (one of the state's top rushers last season).

HC is going to be tough. They have a much improvedand enlarged O-line. Along with revamped skill positions on O and the return of Roenker, Walker, and Brad Herald. The Indians are not just looking to just beat NCC or Beechwood in the regular season, but the atmoshere is a winning one and the concensus is that a STATE title is in the furture. The Class of 2010 is loaded with talent and their 10-0 run as freshman is starting to come through. This is supposed to be the year there offense steps up and put points on the board, watch out for them.

Fort Campbell should be the favorite from the west. Metcalfe lost a solid class of seniors. Owensboro Catholic and Glasgow should again be good. Trigg County has some big holes on the line to fill. They return their top QB, RB, and WR.

Two teams that could make a little noise are Caldwell County and Murray.

NewCath has the talent to make another run at state for sure. I really liked what I saw from Corbin in the playoffs last season. I'm not sure how much they have back from that team but they could be a force. They don't stop the whole game, hit hard, and run hard.

Green County had a heavy graduation.

Danville has almost everybody back. I expect them to be very, very strong. Having seen the underclass from both Danville and Ft. Campbell last year, I think this is your West matchup and the nod to the Admirals. I think Ft. Campbell's QB was perhaps more relied upon than their fans realize.

Bardstown will have some players but too many holes in the line to contend just yet, at least in my estimation.

Not to duck the question, but 2A has to be the most competitive division again this year. At least half a dozen teams have a legitimate shot at it. Louisville DeSallis should be in the mix as well as the teams mentioned before. Setting my Blackcats aside, I would have to go with Danville, Ft. Campbell, DeSallis and Corbin, in no particular order. I'm not sure how badly N. Cath was hit by graduation, but I would have to say you can't count them out.