Boston 98 LA Lakers 88 (Game #1)

Pierce was faking his injury to gain amazing amounts of momentum when he came back out on the floor. You don't wheel off in a wheel chair and then come bouncing back out and play without even a hint of something being wrong.

;)

Pierce is smart.

:p

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and how determined is KG? Did anyone else notice in the 4th quarter when he was at the free-throw line he kept muttering something to himself like he was pumping himself up? Also, before the 2nd half started he banged his head against the pad under the goal a few times? He is def the emotion & energy behind this team. He's had so many horrible years he's gonna make sure he takes full advantage of this opportunity. I love that guy!

I went to bed right after it. Some people have to get up early in the morning. :p I don't really have much to say. Lakers played terrible.

I think they played terrible because the Celtics played well. The Celtics played great D IMO.

Oh and how determined is KG? Did anyone else notice in the 4th quarter when he was at the free-throw line he kept muttering something to himself like he was pumping himself up? Also, before the 2nd half started he banged his head against the pad under the goal a few times? He is def the emotion & energy behind this team. He's had so many horrible years he's gonna make sure he takes full advantage of this opportunity. I love that guy!

KG does that every game, his pregame routine is fun to watch. :thumb:

The Garden was rocking last night, I bet the green line leaving North Station was crazy...

Pierce was faking his injury to gain amazing amounts of momentum when he came back out on the floor. You don't wheel off in a wheel chair and then come bouncing back out and play without even a hint of something being wrong.

;)

My wife hasn't watched an NBA game all season. She watched with me last night...until that injury. When he was wheeled off, she was concerned. When he came bounding out, she got so mad that she went to bed. I guess she doesn't enjoy millionaires faking injuries!

The "Truth"/ "captain" really let me down with that overdramatic fake injury.

That being said, this will be a good series and will probably go 7 games. LA played really bad and had a chance to win until the last three minutes.

Sam (the forty year old alien) hit some big momentum shots throughout the game, and the Celts got all the breaks. I say LA in 7 games.

So...some of you fellow posters are agreeing with my conspiracy theory about the injury? I was kinda have kidding when I said it to my roommate, but the more I think about it. The more it definitely makes sesne and it somewhat smart. And Panther, I said the exact same thing when the crowd errupted when they saw Pierce...I said "Jackson better take a TO"

And KG was great last night. You could tell how determined he was from the very beginning. He played very well in the opening quarter and solid throughout the game. I predicted him MVP of the Finals in that other thread.

Fisher played with a lot of passion I thought as well. It's gonna be a good series.

I don't buy a conspiracy theory one bit. Maybe he shouldn't have been carried off the floor, but give me a break.

Did Pierce initially overeact? Yes...Did he enjoy coming back and being a "hero"? Yes.....but the guy just saw what he had been working towards for 10 years in the league flash before him and thought he'd seen his last of the 08 finals....

What better way to complete motivate your team, turn the momentum of the game completely and get your fans even more pumped up than they already were. I think its pure genius if its what he really intended. I do understand he may have seen it flash before his eyes, but still I can definitely see him taking advantage of the situation and acting a lil more hurt than he was to scare the fans and then have them overjoice that he is back and healthy...completely giving his team momentum for the remainder of the second half.

;)

I remember Emmitt Smith doing that, he suppose to have had a dislocated shoulder. He would use his arm to stiff arm a defensive player and then have to carry his arm back to the huddle. I missed the Pierce injury, but it sounds like what Emmitt did...

I don't believe any conspiracy theories about Pierce's injuries. I think he was hurt, and was tough enough to battle through the pain.

He even said today that it was probably over dramatize and that if he would have just taken a couple more minutes he would have realized he was fine to get up and walk off the floor alone.