For Bama Fans

Alabama Larry

ADD two more kids and both are 4 stars. One is a DB out of Mississippi.

16 kids and several 4 stars and there is a DB in Alabama that everybody wants who is ranked #1 and is leaning to Bama.

Bama experts on this stuff are saying this class could be better than our top 3class of 08.

AverageJoe, you are correct. I have the game on tape and you could see Babe talking with Joe on the sidelines a lot. Two Bear boys beating a 19 point favorite in the game that changed the NFL.

If I'm not mistaken Babe stuck around to play caddy for Broadway Joe for one more season. Good to hear that Bama is getting their act together with Saban. While I'm not a Bama fan the SEC is just a better conference when one of the premier programs in college football is at the level that they are accustomed to. Much like UK in basketball.

Larry, Babe sounded like the Bear's kinda guy. He told some tuff stories though. He said Bryant calmed down a little by the time he reached Bama, that his days at UK and in TX were brutal. He said at UK once, he came in and told the coaches "We got 125 scholarship players, that's too many." Then he told them a few hitting drills to do, and not to stop them until they get down to 100 players. Or another time he told the team (UK) they weren't going to stop hitting drills until EVERYONE was bleeding. So guys would stick their tongues out when they hit to bloody their faces. Ahh, the good old days.

I've read almost every book on Coach Bryant and everyone of them have been very honest....he was very hard coach and there are some things I know I'd just as soon not tell.

Running players off was one way of not cutting them and like you quoted he mellowed a lot.

• 4 weeks later...
I read today, Larry, that Bama will be playing a lot of true freshman due to depth issues. While I don't remember the names, I do know that Julio Jones is one.

He will be a stud and has done well thus far in camp. I am not sure about other positions and going with Freshman, however.

Jerrell Harris LB might start and is doing very well.

Mark Ingram out of Michigan is running 3rd RB and is a Shaun double.

Terrance Cody 6'5" 390 nose guard and well look at his size....Juco.

Don'ta Hightower DE will start.

B J Scott WR/DB goes both ways and is a stud.

Damion Square...see Don'ta

Cory Smith back up PK and will punt...Big kid.

Tyler Love 6'7" 270 will play.

Chris Jackson DB ex RB but no room.

Several redshirts who haven't played maze Tyrone's #4 is 4.3 and will return kicks/punts with all-SEC Brandon Alvales.

Thats all I can rmemember....

The game will be carried in Louisville.

Mark Ingram out of Michigan is running 3rd RB and is a Shaun double. Love to hear this!

Terrance Cody 6'5" 390 nose guard and well look at his size....Juco. My buddy coached this guy last year @ Miss. Gulf Coast CC...he said he is an unbelievable player.

Roll Tide!

Smack, the Cats could be undefeated that day. I got my tickets I sleep with them between me and Momma. I haven't seen a game in person due to sons playing on Friday/Saturday in four years.

We lost to ULM at home last year so anything can happen, if we do lose feel free to give me the business. The cats QB and offense is the key because we are gonna score some points.

Smack, the Cats could be undefeated that day. I got my tickets I sleep with them between me and Momma. I haven't seen a game in person due to sons playing on Friday/Saturday in four years.

We lost to ULM at home last year so anything can happen, if we do lose feel free to give me the business. The cats QB and offense is the key because we are gonna score some points.

I never give anyone the business. Now YOU on the radio today was sliging it around a little. ;) Smack's my name BTW, not my hobby. :thumb:

Anyway, I never count any chickens, especially if I am relying on kids I don't know to show up that day. I honestly think we can win every game, and I thing we can lose every game. Ya never know.

Which show? I was on two times bringing "Smack" and having fun. I told Momma a few minutes ago..."I feel like it is Christmas Eve". She just rolled her eyes and said..."only you".

On one show I picked the Cards 31-10 and they laughed but three different callers also picked the Cards and by more points than me. I'll be back on those shows early next week.