Worst Sports movies of all time!

GO CATS

Agreed. That may be a little bit of hostility from the fact that neither UK nor Rupp came of it looking very good.

Part of that was due to distortions and lies by the producers. There were not any rebel flags being waved in the championship game by UK fans, like was shown in the movie. Louie Dampier, the UK PG, said there wasn't any talk in the media leading up to the game about black vs white, or a sport event equivalent to Brown vs Board of Education. Dampier said in an interview, "I must have missed something at the time, I didn't see anything like that", when asked about the theme of the movie.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of that was due to distortions and lies by the producers. There were not any rebel flags being waved in the championship game by UK fans, like was shown in the movie. Louie Dampier, the UK PG, said there wasn't any talk in the media leading up to the game about black vs white, or a sport event equivalent to Brown vs Board of Education. Dampier said in an interview, "I must have missed something at the time, I didn't see anything like that", when asked about the theme of the movie.

In fairness to the producers, they were trying to make money, and they did so by distorting facts... similar to how most movies are made. William Wallace never met up with Edward II's wife, but it made for a more interesting story line.

In fairness to the producers, they were trying to make money, and they did so by distorting facts... similar to how most movies are made. William Wallace never met up with Edward II's wife, but it made for a more interesting story line.

I love Braveheart, lol

But I agree with bugatti. In any other state, they probably don't care at all that their were Rebel flags behind the bench in the movie. But by adding more controversy to the racial equation it made for a better story.

Anything Airbud has to rank right up there.

I think the worst baseball movie has to be 51*.

The worst football movie ever had to be Friday Night Lights.

Friday Night Lights worse than The Replacments?

Glory Road was a pretty good movie I thought, very good story.

And I thought Friday Night Lights was a very good movie as well...straight forward. I really have enjoyed the tv show as well.

Have you read the book "Friday Night Lights," it's much better than the movie.

It may be a decent movie, but it is definitely not better than Friday Night Lights, IMO.

And no GO CATS, I have never read it.

No not better than Friday Night Lights. I enjoyed that movie also. But I agree that the book is a lot better.