Worst Sports movies of all time!

GO CATS

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also hated Rudy, it isn't close to the worst ever but I can't stand it.

Are you like me in that it's the sanctimoniousness about it that bothers you? Good Lord, tell some people you didn't like "Rudy" -- and they're always NDU fans, almost without fail -- and it's like you took a shot at the Pope or the President.

Sorry, it wasn't that great a movie, and the kid was dumb. For every one like him who overcomes the odds there are millions of others who get their feelings hurt because they can't accept reality, and end up wasting a colossal amount of time (theirs and other people's) in the process.

Are you like me in that it's the sanctimoniousness about it that bothers you? Good Lord, tell some people you didn't like "Rudy" -- and they're always NDU fans, almost without fail -- and it's like you took a shot at the Pope or the President.

Sorry, it wasn't that great a movie, and the kid was dumb. For every one like him who overcomes the odds there are millions of others who get their feelings hurt because they can't accept reality, and end up wasting a colossal amount of time (theirs and other people's) in the process.

Don't forget...he did get a quality education as well. I am not a Notre Dame fan at all and I still find you people absurd, lol.

Has there been any other person in the history of sports who has capitalized off one single play more than Rudy? He's a motivational speaker. He's a businessman. And he has plans for Rudy bottled water. All from a single quarterback sack.

Has there been any other person in the history of sports who has capitalized off one single play more than Rudy? He's a motivational speaker. He's a businessman. And he has plans for Rudy bottled water. All from a single quarterback sack.

Plus it helped spring board Sean Astin's career, lol or was it The Goonies that did that?

I'm sure there will be serious disagreement with this, but I thought Remember The Titans was a terrible movie. The story itself is fine. It's the football action I had a big problem with. People don't get clotheslined in high school football. People don't routinely get hit so hard their helmet flies 10 yards in high school football. The far-fetchedness (probably not a word) of the football action totally ruined the movie for me.

That's great and all, but if he had done it at, say, Kansas University, I bet his motivational speaking career and perhaps business career doesn't quite pan out as well. Has less to do with the guy than where he went. Not too indifferent from the "Scholarship For Life" status UK basketball players get (although, I guess it doesn't fly for Tubby guys who weren't there four years, as the Sparks example seems to show).

I didn't know there was a Sandlot 2 and 3. I'm assuming it was a strait to DVD realese?

Funny story. I asked for the Sandlot this past year for Christmas, not knowing I needed to be specific because I didn't even know there were others. Sure enough, I got the third one, lol.