Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BGP Fantasy Football League ~ 2008 - Let's get the ball rolling

Featured Replies

Right, but how would the order be determined for those first two rounds?

The same way it's determined for the entire draft...

  • Replies 93
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The draft order is probably already set from the end of the playoffs last year. If people kept both their players than in the first and second round they basically skip their pick. If you have one or less keeper, you would make your pick when it is your turn. Make sense?

 

So you may be the only player who didn't keep anyone, so even though you are suppose to pick sixth in the first round depeing on last year...you actually are the only one that picks. If two people didn't have any keepers than it depends on where the other ended too. It's completely fair. Godot might be able to explain it better, but you will see what I mean.

The draft order is probably already set from the end of the playoffs last year. If people kept both their players than in the first and second round they basically skip their pick. If you have one or less keeper, you would make your pick when it is your turn. Make sense?

 

So you may be the only player who didn't keep anyone, so even though you are suppose to pick sixth in the first round depeing on last year...you actually are the only one that picks. If two people didn't have any keepers than it depends on where the other ended too. It's completely fair. Godot might be able to explain it better, but you will see what I mean.

 

MJ would know, he's been picking at the top of the draft for years:D

  • Author
If we only keep one player instead of two, does that guarantee an earlier pick as opposed to keeping two players?

 

That's what I was wondering....What would the draft order be if I only keep 1, instead of 2....

 

In the past for everyone who has kept two players the draft didn't really start for them until round three. If you kept one player, you had one pick in the second round. If you didn't keep any, you would have a pick in the first and second. So really the draft doesn't actually start for everyone until the third.

 

Does that make sense? If you keep one player, you pick one before we actually start.

I couldn't have said it better MJ.
  • Author
Right, but how would the order be determined for those first two rounds?

 

The same way it's determined for the entire draft...

 

The draft order is probably already set from the end of the playoffs last year. If people kept both their players than in the first and second round they basically skip their pick. If you have one or less keeper, you would make your pick when it is your turn. Make sense?

 

So you may be the only player who didn't keep anyone, so even though you are suppose to pick sixth in the first round depeing on last year...you actually are the only one that picks. If two people didn't have any keepers than it depends on where the other ended too. It's completely fair. Godot might be able to explain it better, but you will see what I mean.

Again, a good job of explaining it MJ.
MJ would know, he's been picking at the top of the draft for years:D

 

Man...and its a wonder why a guy comes back, lol. Just kidding, and I think I have always had two keepers so never experienced this before...but I probably will this year.

 

And didn't I beat you in the standings last year, or was I dreaming? lol

 

Thank you Godot.

The only player I am keeping is Tom Brady.

Do we have a deadline set on when we need to announce who are keepers will be?

Okay, that clears it up. So since I finished towards the top of the league I would be picking towards the end of the 1st official round correct?

 

I know for a fact I'll be keeping Steven Jackson, other than that I'm not quite sure at the moment.

I'm keeping Joe Addai and Marshawn Lynch pending his investigation these next few weeks. I'm not a lock on him yet. Funny I remember last year passing on Adrian Peterson because of injury worries (which are still there) and taking Lynch. How good would it be going into a draft now with Addai and Peterson!

I'm keeping Joe Addai and Marshawn Lynch pending his investigation these next few weeks. I'm not a lock on him yet. Funny I remember last year passing on Adrian Peterson because of injury worries (which are still there) and taking Lynch. How good would it be going into a draft now with Addai and Peterson!

 

I'm in the same position with Lynch....If the legal stuff turns out to be nothing, I'll feel confident with SJax and Lynch as my RBs....

  • Author

I've heard from everyone I’ve expected to except LC99 and sweet16. Neither of them have opened the PM I sent to them on Tuesday. LC99’s last post was on 5/12/08 saying that he would be back this year. Sweet16’s hasn’t been on BGP since Sunday night.

  • Author

Let’s start a timeline and set dates.

 

14 June – 8:00 PM CST ~ Deadline for returning to league

17 June – Expansion Teams should be set

21 June – 8:00 PM CST ~ Expansion Teams to be completed rolling for team picking order

25 June – 8:00 PM CST ~ Deadline for Expansion Teams to pick teams

28 June – 8:00 PM CST ~ Deadline for declaring your keepers

07 July – 8:00 AM CST ~ the Official Start of the Draft

And didn't I beat you in the standings last year, or was I dreaming? lol

 

I believe the head to head record over the years is something along the lines of 6-2 in my favor:p:D

I believe the head to head record over the years is something along the lines of 6-2 in my favor:p:D

 

Haha that may be true, but I am looking at the bigger picture here and the upside from last year that I can build on, lol.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.