2008 Boyle County

As an unbiased fan I will give my assessment of Boone Goldsmith having seen him play against Belfry:

Great size, good mobility, nice form, and a decent arm. Alot of LC fans hyped Goldsmith ALOT and he never met their unfair expectations. Kid definatey has the tools and God given talent to be a solid HS Quarterback.

Biggest knocks, he seemed to really lose his composure in the pocket when pressured. Doesn't have alot of accuracy when he has to A) Gun the ball on slants and outs B) On deep throws to the sideline. C)Struggles throwing across body when scrambling

All in all, the kid could become a solid, solid player in the right system with a quality O-line to block and a defense that allows him to stay on the field and have good field position. He has a pretty high football IQ.

Nice Breakdown, If all this does come to pass with Goldsmith and Macon, what a combination with Aumiller in the mix. I've got my fingers crossed.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard that 6'6"" Leonard Macon is moving back to Danville and will enroll in the Boyle School system. He's going to play football and basketball at Boyle and then make a decision on what sport to play, at UK (football, that is ,if the scholarship is still there from UK) or try to get a scholaraship for basketball somewhere. I think he got invited to the UK elite camp this summer. Does anyone know about any of this?

If true, how can he transfer in and become eligible immediately?

Didn't Boyle hire the former head coach from Lawrence County? I believe his son was LCs QB last year and will be at Boyle this year.

I was at a camp with the new QB for Boyle. He was very impressive and already was looking for Aumiller. This means Ron Crutchfield will handle the running back and allow Aumiller to get open and more importantly get the ball.

If true, how can he transfer in and become eligible immediately?

I'm not sure, but he did transfer to Taylor County during Christmas break after moving there with his parents. He started playing immediatley. I heard that the job his father had in Cambellsville didn't work out and the family is moving back to Danville. This is all hearsay, but it's still is interesting to talk about. Boyle would definitely be big in the paint next year and for the QB, whoever it will be, there will be some big atheletic guys to throw to. I think we should know something by the time the "dead period" is over with.

Nice Breakdown, If all this does come to pass with Goldsmith and Macon, what a combination with Aumiller in the mix. I've got my fingers crossed.

My hope is for Boyle football to return to "the hunt." However, will French's offense fit a wide open passing game? Who is going to be the OC? In the past French played conservative football, will he adapt to this kind of passing potential?

As an unbiased fan I will give my assessment of Boone Goldsmith having seen him play against Belfry:

Great size, good mobility, nice form, and a decent arm. Alot of LC fans hyped Goldsmith ALOT and he never met their unfair expectations. Kid definatey has the tools and God given talent to be a solid HS Quarterback.

Biggest knocks, he seemed to really lose his composure in the pocket when pressured. Doesn't have alot of accuracy when he has to A) Gun the ball on slants and outs B) On deep throws to the sideline. C)Struggles throwing across body when scrambling

All in all, the kid could become a solid, solid player in the right system with a quality O-line to block and a defense that allows him to stay on the field and have good field position. He has a pretty high football IQ.

I coached Boone so I know first hand what he is capable of. God has blessed him with GREAT size and a VERY strong arm. He was only a soph last year and got thrown into a new system with a lot going on. Our pass pro was really bad and he got beat to death but kept picking himself up time+time again. He's a tough kid! There isn't a throw he can't make. He threw the slants well last year especially in the Russell game. We never threw an out route so I don't know where that one came from. Probably his best route last year was the deep comeback which can only be thrown if you have a big arm. Boone is an awesome kid! I know we will miss the heck out of him at Lawrence Co and I really think the people in Boyle Co are going to love him. He is such a great kid! He's a sponge always trying to learn more about the game and I really feel like with the staff they have at Boyle + his work ethic he has the potential to be as good as there is in the state by his Sr year. It pains me to loose him and Coach Goldsmith. They are both a treat!

• 1 month later...

I heard that he Cant do anything for like 2 weeks or something random has to do with transfer rules...some more khsaa rules that a lot of us don't understand.

He played at the UK 7 on 7 tournament. If this is the case, then Boyle would be in violation.

Edited by STRIKE3
fixed quote