Today's "Worst Person in the World!"

Birdsfan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on Good Morning America sometime this week....I would have been in jail already if that were my kid. I am sorry, I don't usually believe in violence, however, if my child were treated like this, well, I am not so sure that this women would still be standing.

I saw this on TV too. I would like to keep up with this and see what happens. Not sure what state it happened...but with the SP Ed laws I would say this teachers career is toast and rightfully so.

I saw this on TV too. I would like to keep up with this and see what happens. Not sure what state it happened...but with the SP Ed laws I would say this teachers career is toast and rightfully so.

I am not sure what state either...I really have not heard anymore about it. All I know is this...I would have fired and pressed charges (did once) against any of my employees if they even came close to this. Our clients were adults, however, this kind of stuff was not allowed.

I once caught an employee of mine not letting one of our clients eat unless he washed her car every day!!! It took every inch of self control not to have really hurt this individual. I pressed charges and he was let go on the spot.

Now, as upset as I was over that, I can not imagine if this were my child!!!

This teacher must have been a real beast!!!!!

Still no right to make a 5 year old stand up in front of his class and be voted out by his classmates. No matter the situation, that shouldn't have happened.

:thumb: BTW Keith Oberman is awesome!

Its sad... but I forsee this trend continuing. As long as we continue to pay teachers the way we are we are going to continue to see idiots move into the profession.

Teachers need to be paid based on merit not on YEARS OF SERVICE!!!! (but thats for another discussion!)

Amen...I always found it hard to fathom that teachers have to continue their education longer than anyone, excluding doctors, but the pay scale is vastly different.

A solution to attracting more intelligent and well-rounded teachers could be to offer discount rates for graduate school or as you stated, increased pay.

And yes, this is just a ridiculous thing for anyone to do, especially a teacher.

He's a raving, irresponsible, loud-mouthed, self-important, idiot; but other than that... :rolleyes:

He's pretty funny when he looks like he's going to cry. I liked Murdoch's (sp?) reply when asked about him. Something along the lines of "I fired him 5 years ago, he's crazy"

Its sad... but I forsee this trend continuing. As long as we continue to pay teachers the way we are we are going to continue to see idiots move into the profession.

Teachers need to be paid based on merit not on YEARS OF SERVICE!!!! (but thats for another discussion!)

I don't care how much she makes, it doesn't give her the right to do what she's doing to that kid...Period

Asperger's Syndrome is a form of autism that may be difficult to recognize. The person appears to be intelligent and functional, but their social skills are almost nil. They have trouble with social interaction, have no understanding of tact and diplomacy and are often considered to be just rude, insensitive people. You see this same behavior in other autistics.

The problem I see is the child was in the progress of being diagnosed. I don't know that before the diagnosis, the school would even be able to use the tools available to it to deal with the child. However, the teacher's humiliation act was way over the top. I don't think I'd want her teaching kindergarten at my school.

It's so ironic that this issue is coming up at this time. Yesterday morning, I had the opportunity to spend some time with a group of people who have Asperger's. Outwardly, they seemed perfectly normal. You would never know from a brief interaction, that there was anything different about them. I know that people with this condition have certain personality issues; but the people I met were all very nice and pleasent to be around.

I know nothing of the disease so I will pose the question to you.

Would a student with this disease over a long period of time be a detriment to the other student's ability to learn in the classroom?

There are times that because school districts can do nothing else with certain students that they leave them in a classroom and their presence prevents any other student from being able to consistently learn. The educational environment is non-existent in that classroom.

And despite the teachers pleas, that student remains and little to no learning for anyone goes on.

I know nothing of the disease so I will pose the question to you.

Would a student with this disease over a long period of time be a detriment to the other student's ability to learn in the classroom?

There are times that because school districts can do nothing else with certain students that they leave them in a classroom and their presence prevents any other student from being able to consistently learn. The educational environment is non-existent in that classroom.

And despite the teachers pleas, that student remains and little to no learning for anyone goes on.

Sheesh, where do you put a kid like this. Not special ed., because many of these kids are very smart and have no trouble learning. There is an issue in that most have very intense and focused interests, say on one particular subject. And while they typically develop speech at normal speeds, something always seems to be off with their speech, be it rhythm, loudness, intonation or just plain miscromprehension.

Do you put them with the mainstream kids? Well we've seen that they can be disruptive, may suffer from motor clumsiness and have impaired nonverbal behaviors. In other words, they just don't understand "normal" behavior. One on one would probably be the best form of education for them, but who's to say?