Today in history

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

June 5, 1968

Robert F. Kennedy shot

At 12:50 a.m. PDT, Senator Robert F. Kennedy, a presidential candidate, is shot three times in a hail of gunfire in the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles. Five others were wounded. The senator had just completed a speech celebrating his victory in the California presidential primary. The shooter, Palestinian Sirhan Sirhan, had a smoking .22 revolver wrested from his grip and was promptly arrested. Kennedy, critically wounded, was rushed to the hospital, where he fought for his life for the next 24 hours.

June 4th 2003: This was my first time at GAPB. Me, my wife, and my son got there early for BP, our seats were in RF so me and the son took our gloves in hope of catching a batting practice HR. We moved all over that place, from one side to another, and nothing. Then comes the top of the 3rd inning, with 2 Outs Soriano singles, Giambi then hits a blast that just kept curving our way. I stood up, leaned to my left over my wife, and the lady next to her, reached up with my glove, and made the best back handed catch of my life. I had never even caught a foul ball up to that point, and haven't since, but it was like everything got quiet for a few seconds, and then all I could here was...THROW IT BACK THROW IT BACK. I handed the ball to my son, and told him to do whatever he wanted. He threw the ball back onto the field, and got a big applause, and the Reds came back and won 6-2. Oh, and it was also my B-Day.

Sorry for being a little late...but it was after midnight when I first seen this thread.

June 4th 2003: This was my first time at GAPB. Me, my wife, and my son got there early for BP, our seats were in RF so me and the son took our gloves in hope of catching a batting practice HR. We moved all over that place, from one side to another, and nothing. Then comes the top of the 3rd inning, with 2 Outs Soriano singles, Giambi then hits a blast that just kept curving our way. I stood up, leaned to my left over my wife, and the lady next to her, reached up with my glove, and made the best back handed catch of my life. I had never even caught a foul ball up to that point, and haven't since, but it was like everything got quiet for a few seconds, and then all I could here was...THROW IT BACK THROW IT BACK. I handed the ball to my son, and told him to do whatever he wanted. He threw the ball back onto the field, and got a big applause, and the Reds came back and won 6-2. Oh, and it was also my B-Day.

I am not a baseball fan, but cool story...

Sorry for being a little late...but it was after midnight when I first seen this thread.

What an awesome story... I am pretty proud of your son, lol.

I am not a baseball fan, but cool story...

We have always said, if we have seats in the OF again, we will take another ball to throw back, just in case.:lol: I still think my son regreats throwing it back a little, he's kinda of a Yanks fan too. But I always tell him, that's what got the Team fired up.

Edited by Baseballguy

We have always said, if we have seats in the OF again we will take another ball to throw back, just in case.:lol: I still think my son regreats throwing it back. But I always tell him, that's what got the Team fired up.

I am sure he would love to have that ball, but way to turn it in to a positive... How old was he then?