Boone Co. 9 Beechwood 8 (9th Reg. 1st Round)

If Chris Miller does not hit the bomb into the RF bullpen, then nothing that happened later would even have mattered.

Miller did hit a shot and Farris as well, the base runner who was picked off for the Tigers, Pickett(sp), really hurt the Tigers.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It always looks so easy from outside the fence. Maybe the coach saw or knew something we didn't ? I agree you almost always go with your best and try to get the win but who knows what he was thinking ? You still have to play D and have a break or two in a close game. It only takes one swing of the bat or one bounce of the ball to win sometimes ! Congrats to both teams for a good season.

It's a shame that the most costly error today was made by the coach for the Tigers and not by any of their fielders.

I strongly disagree. Beechwood's fielding was average at best. Elliott's error allowed 2 runs to come in. The pickle that they didnt capitalize on killed them. Pickett got picked off... If you are saying that coach M made a mistake of not starting Elliott, I don't see where your coming from. Boone scored the game winning run on Elliott. Cotton hit him, and 2 other walks. What do you want Myerhoff to do? The kids play the game and Myerhoff put them in a position to win, the kids didn't capitalize.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I strongly disagree. Beechwood's fielding was average at best. Elliott's error allowed 2 runs to come in. The pickle that they didnt capitalize on killed them. Pickett got picked off... If you are saying that coach M made a mistake of not starting elliott, i dont see where your coming from. Boone scored the game winning run on Elliott. Cotton hit him, and 2 other walks. What do you want Myerhoff to do? The kids play the game and Myerhoff put them in a position to win, the kids didn't capitalize.

Beechwood had two errors (Elliott's error cost one run, not two. You can't assume he would have thrown the runner out at home). Not too bad for a high school team. They allowed 7 earned runs. Maybe not the cleanest game BHS has played all year, but it was hardly the give-away game you are making it out to be.

Beechwood had two errors (Elliott's error cost one run, not two. You can't assume he would have thrown the runner out at home). Not too bad for a high school team. They allowed 7 earned runs. Maybe not the cleanest game BHS has played all year, but it was hardly the give-away game you are making it out to be.

This error cost two runs. Lokesak hadn't reached 3rd base when Cody would have been coming up w/the ball and he wasn't deep. Not so sure the coach would have sent him anyway but none the less, 2 runs scored on this error. Another extra run scored when he tripped over his shoe strings on the long fly CF. Only one run should have scored then because the next batter made the third out. This was not an error but a mistake. When Snyder fielded the ball from Cotton w/runners on 1st/3rd, he should have went home w/that. He went to 2nd, thinking double play, no way to double Cotton on this ball, another mental error. Not getting Lokesak in the pickle, another mental error and another run. Biggest problem was walking Lokesak 3 times, he scored all three times. Same as the CCH district final game, CCH had 7 walks and 5 of those runners scored, Maile 4 times, scored 3.

Pickett getting picked off cost BHS a run, next batter doubled, then Elloitt tripled. Again, for anyone to say Myeroff made the mistake of not throwing Elliott, I will disagree. As someone else said, he can't play for them. BHS was in a great position to win the game but they didn't. Game over, great season over, great 4 yrs for the BHS Sr's. They won an All State Championship and were runner's up in the state. Not many H.S. baseball players can ever say that.:thumb:

This error cost two runs. Lokesak hadn't reached 3rd base when Cody would have been coming up w/the ball and he wasn't deep. Not so sure the coach would have sent him anyway but none the less, 2 runs scored on this error. Another extra run scored when he tripped over his shoe strings on the long fly CF. Only one run should have scored then because the next batter made the third out. This was not an error but a mistake. When Snyder fielded the ball from Cotton w/runners on 1st/3rd, he should have went home w/that. He went to 2nd, thinking double play, no way to double Cotton on this ball, another mental error. Not getting Lokesak in the pickle, another mental error and another run. Biggest problem was walking Lokesak 3 times, he scored all three times. Same as the CCH district final game, CCH had 7 walks and 5 of those runners scored, Maile 4 times, scored 3.

Pickett getting picked off cost BHS a run, next batter doubled, then Elloitt tripled. Again, for anyone to say Myeroff made the mistake of not throwing Elliott, I will disagree. As someone else said, he can't play for them. BHS was in a great position to win the game but they didn't. Game over, great season over, great 4 yrs for the BHS Sr's. They won an All State Championship and were runner's up in the state. Not many H.S. baseball players can ever say that.:thumb:

All of which is part and parcel of a high school game. You can't expect a perfectly clean-played game in that environment. If the pros can't do it, neither can 17 year old kids. By official scoring rules, Elliott's error did not cost two runs. You can't assume an out in that situation. And as far as him falling down on the fly ball and allowing an "extra run", he fell down because he made an incredible catch on a ball that probably shouldn't have even been caught in the first place. Rather than see that as a miscue, I see that as a flat-out remarkable play. Boone had plenty of its own mistakes, especially at SS, and put 7 runners on base free.

Cooperstown once again like in another thread...I have to agree with you...I think on the error by Elliot that the 1 run would have scored. If I can remember correctly that was when Lokesak got in the pickle right before the error. If Beechwood gets Daniel out then that doesn't happen. Instead the failed pickle allowed the 1 run and then the error allowed Corey to score from first. Lokesak is a good base runner though with good speed, and while Elliot has a cannon, I think he would have scored on the play....

Next thing I agree with is on the catch that Boone got 2 runs from. That had extra bases written all over it. I think it was Faehr who was hitting. He absolutely ripped that ball deep to center and Elliot made an outstanding catch on a dead sprint. It wasn't him tripping over his own feet. If you saw him after he ran in once the inning was over he had mud all over is back. Maybe he hit a wet spot on the grass or warning track that caused him to slip. Good heads up base running by the Rebels and unfortunate for the Tigers.

Also, Boone did make some mistakes. Had a few costly errors and the free passes definitely played apart in some of the runs Beechwood scored. IMO I don't think this game should have ever went to the bottom of 7. In the top of the 6th Nick retired the first 2 batters of the inning. Then walked a guy, hit a batter, and Faehr made a low throw that wasn't picked at first for an error. Bases loaded and then the base hit tied the game at 8. If Houelhan closes the inning the 7th inning dramatics might not have happened. But with the way this game was going, who knows lol!

All in all though it was a classic!!! Back and forth battle! I enjoyed every second of it. While there was some errors and free passes that proved costly. These kids are high school baseball players on a huge stage. It's apart of the game. Both teams battled and fought to the end. Got to tip your hat to the Tigers and Rebels for overcoming adversity at numerous times in the game.....Proud to be a Rebel right now and hoping my boys can keep the run going.

First of all, there is no rule that says w/a runner on 2nd and a base hit, that the runner automatically scores, this can not be assumed either. So, the error did allow 2 runs to score as the runner would have been held up at third w/Elliott's arm.

As for his catch in CF, no one else on BHS team would have come close to making the catch. Those are routine for Cody. As for the mud on his back, ask him, he tripped on his shoe strings. If he doesn't trip only one runner scores and the other is stranded on third as the next batter made the third out.

As I said earlier, the game is over, Boone won, congrats. If BHS does what they are capable of doing and Boone does the same, BHS wins this game. However, as Coop sd, flawless games in baseball are hard to come by especially w/H.S. players.

Thanks for the clarification on Elliot's play in center. I was just assuming he hit a wet spot and that's what caused him to slip. Quite honestly I don't think there is a player up here that would have gotten to that ball. It was a nice little shot.

First of all, there is no rule that says w/a runner on 2nd and a base hit, that the runner automatically scores, this can not be assumed either. So, the error did allow 2 runs to score as the runner would have been held up at third w/Elliott's arm.

As for his catch in CF, no one else on BHS team would have come close to making the catch. Those are routine for Cody. As for the mud on his back, ask him, he tripped on his shoe strings. If he doesn't trip only one runner scores and the other is stranded on third as the next batter made the third out.

As I said earlier, the game is over, Boone won, congrats. If BHS does what they are capable of doing and Boone does the same, BHS wins this game. However, as Coop sd, flawless games in baseball are hard to come by especially w/H.S. players.

Well, kind of a trivial point, but actually it is an official score-keeping rule. ;)The first run on that play is most definitely and absolutely an earned run. There is no other way to score it. You cannot assume that he would have fielded it cleanly, come up with a perfect, on-line throw, and the catcher made a nice block/tag. Sorry, but it's earned (in fact, check the stats for the game). Obviously, the second run is unearned. In fact, BHS did a nice job to keep the hitter (who went to all the way to third on the error) from scoring.

As some of you know ,I agreed with not pitching Elliott .If it were not for the physical and mental errors BHS wins this game .

The error at 1 st base that cost a run ,and didn't Farris hit his HR after that error with 2 outs .

The runners on 1 st and 3 rd for Boone ,chopper to 3 rd side of mound runner going home is dead to rights and pitcher turns and throws to 2 nd allowing run to score .

Loksak (sp?) picked at 2 nd and BHS screw up the pickle .

Error in center

Pickett picked off

TOO MANY walks

Outside the walks ,I do not think pitching was the problem .Snyder ,Smith and Hadden pitched well enough to pull this out .I believe UNC-5 is right ,I think the HC game was Codys only win .He has a few saves .I do not know if he makes 7 innings vs Boone .Boone is a much better hitting team than HC ,IMO.You seen what happened vs Cov Cath in the regular season

Cody wore down and they got him in the 5 th .This is not a shot at him ,I feel he is a great player .These things just happen .

Too many mistakes ,Too many runners left on and not enough clutch hittng.

I want to say congrats to Boone and good luck

Good luck to the BHS seniors in what ever you may do in your future .For the underclassmen ,you see how bad it hurts when it is over -MAKE THE MOST OF EVERY OPPURTUNITY YOU HAVE TO PLAY AND GET BETTER AT THIS GREAT GAME !!