Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be Miss Softball this year?

Featured Replies

  • Author
I'm pretty sure Ryle has gone out of town for spring break the last 3 or 4 years to play.

 

I am not sure why someone would think it was 'unfair' for a team to travel a little further and challenge themselves. I know it wasn't your quote, just curious if I am missing something here.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thunder, North Laurels schedule looks almost like a summer schedule with all the tournaments and very few weekday games. I know that is the best way to play a top notch schedule, but do you not also miss playing those local games during the week where it is a short drive and you get to build local rivalries? Ryle seemed to have a good mix of tournaments plus the local competition. I just don't think strength of schedule should be the deciding factor, it should be considered but not the top reason.

  • Author
Thunder, North Laurels schedule looks almost like a summer schedule with all the tournaments and very few weekday games. I know that is the best way to play a top notch schedule, but do you not also miss playing those local games during the week where it is a short drive and you get to build local rivalries? Ryle seemed to have a good mix of tournaments plus the local competition. I just don't think strength of schedule should be the deciding factor, it should be considered but not the top reason.

 

If you only beat teams to death in your area that aren't very strong, how does that develop a rivalry & how does it help your team get better? Rivalries are born when both teams play at a similar level IMHO. North has a VERY strong crosstown rivalry with South Laurel, a team who was ranked as high as #13 this season and is almost always in the top 25 (one of the 5 winningest programs in Kentucky). Even if you take some early losses, you have your weaknesses exposed, work on them, and improve.

 

I didn't say that strength of schedule should be the top reason and I agree that there are a lot of factors that have to be considered. But many want to act like it doesn't make a difference. A shutout against a solid team means MUCH more than a shutout against a very weak team.

 

There isn't just one factor, but many seem to be overlooking all the other factors. Sears could have had MANY more shutouts, no hitters and perfect games IF North opted to play a weak schedule and IF North pitched her against every weak opponent they faced. They did not, and I don't think penalizing her for that is anymore fair than ignoring Allen's recordbreaking performances on the mound.

CoachG,

 

Lets get the facts right before we post something so ridiculously false. First, AD's do not nominate for a Miss Ky or Mr Ky award and secondly, there are absolutely no issues between AD and Allen or Allen's parents. Let's get the facts right before posting in a public setting. You are just embarrassing yourself.

  • Author
CoachG,

 

Lets get the facts right before we post something so ridiculously false. First, AD's do not nominate for a Miss Ky or Mr Ky award and secondly, there are absolutely no issues between AD and Allen or Allen's parents. Let's get the facts right before posting in a public setting. You are just embarrassing yourself.

 

Good to know!!! Thanks for the post changeup! :thumb:

CoachG,

 

Lets get the facts right before we post something so ridiculously false. First, AD's do not nominate for a Miss Ky or Mr Ky award and secondly, there are absolutely no issues between AD and Allen or Allen's parents. Let's get the facts right before posting in a public setting. You are just embarrassing yourself.

 

Read the post again ,changeup. FROM WHAT I HEARD ,IF I HEARD THIS CORRECTLY AND APPARENTLY .All of these were used .I was throwing it out there to find out .I did not state it was fact .That is what this public setting is for ,finding out information .I also said it would be a shame for her not to at least be considered.Thanks for clearing it up ,g

Allen from Ryle.

 

This vote should be so one-sided in her favor it is not even close.

 

Has she not rewritten the record books for pitching in this state?

OK G will do. I believe there is only one choice here. Kirsten Allen hands down!

  • Author

Funny to see that so many folks who have NEVER seen both actually play believe there is only 1 player who ought to receive a vote. Look at the total numbers and the level of competition that all the players being considered for this award have played against.

 

Again, no slam on Allen. I have seen her pitch at least 3 times, and she is phenomenal. But there are other candidates.

  • Author

Good read on North Laurel's regional title win over South Laurel. After reading this, I really think that a state title is what they are seeking and what their difficult schedule was played for. I will no longer post on this thread after reading this and speaking with Sears' father this past weekend. She has a state runnerup (2000 when she played on the team when Abner was the #1 pitcher and Miss Softball that year) on her resume and wants that state title for her team. While I am sure she would love to be the 3rd Jaguar to be named Miss Softball, ... 2008 State Champion is something she wants even more. Good luck to all the candidates.

 

http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/local_story_151154309.html?keyword=topstory

I hope North keeps going so more people across the state can see Sears.

  • Author
I hope North keeps going so more people across the state can see Sears.

 

:thumb:

Abby Sears is the best player in the state on the best team in the state. She and her team will prove it this weekend in my opinion.

  • Author

I can't wait till the tournament begins. I am very excited about watching Allen, Sears, Clark, Riley, and all the GREAT players this state has to offer. This should be a GREAT tournament!!!

You can sure tell that northern KY. is still looked at differently than the rest of the state when it comes to sports. You can also tell where people are from based on whom they are picking to win this award.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.