Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will be Miss Softball this year?

Featured Replies

  • Author
Ryle vs. North Laurel tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. The Allen vs. Sears matchup.

 

 

I have been waiting for this all season. I am sure that the teams and players have as well. I think Allen has the edge in popular opinion based on the records she has broken, and I understand that. For Sears to win the award, NL needs to win this game. Should be a dandy. However, the O'Cath vs Greenwood game is just as interesting as O'Cath is currently #1 and Greenwood has looked like the best team in this tourney through the first 2 games, anyway.

  • Replies 88
  • Views 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

I was told that the order of finish in the voting before the state tourney was:

 

Allen

Riley

Sears

 

Congrats to Kirsten Allen on winning Miss Softball and rewriting the record books.

This is not true because Riley would be player of the year. If Miss softball come from your Class like Kristen Allen did the girl recieveing the next amount of votes in the 3A class divsion is the player of the year and that is Abby Sears. So Abby was second in the running.

  • Author
This is not true because Riley would be player of the year. If Miss softball come from your Class like Kristen Allen did the girl recieveing the next amount of votes in the 3A class divsion is the player of the year and that is Abby Sears. So Abby was second in the running.

 

 

Runner up for Miss Softball is not too shabby.

  • Author
This is not true because Riley would be player of the year. If Miss softball come from your Class like Kristen Allen did the girl recieveing the next amount of votes in the 3A class divsion is the player of the year and that is Abby Sears. So Abby was second in the running.

 

You may be correct. However, I was told by a media person that Allen was #1, Riley was #2 and Sears was #3. Either way, Allen won.

This is not true because Riley would be player of the year. If Miss softball come from your Class like Kristen Allen did the girl recieveing the next amount of votes in the 3A class divsion is the player of the year and that is Abby Sears. So Abby was second in the running.

 

You're wrong.

Just wondering, if the awards were for classes 1A-3A, and schools are classified 1A-6A how are they divided?

 

PS. I have no problem with who received the awards as they were all deserving, just wondering on how they were divided.

  • Author
Just wondering, if the awards were for classes 1A-3A, and schools are classified 1A-6A how are they divided?

 

PS. I have no problem with who received the awards as they were all deserving, just wondering on how they were divided.

 

They use the Track and Field classifications, which only have 3 classes. I think that would be plenty for a softball classification (which I am for).

They use the Track and Field classifications, which only have 3 classes. I think that would be plenty for a softball classification (which I am for).

 

Ok, but how are they broken down?

  • Author
Ok, but how are they broken down?

 

Enrollment numbers. Top 1/3 are 3A, middle 1/3 are 2A, and bottom 1/3 are 1A. Cannot remember what the cutoffs are but the same as in football, just fewer classes.

Thanks, that clears up a lot for me. :thumb:

I know that all the instate schools did: UK, UL, WKU, etc as well as all the smaller schools. As far as out of state schools, I really am not sure who all she was recruited, contacted or offered by. I don't think Abby and her family wanted her to be out of state and never seriously considered any out of state school. Her younger sister plays at North Laurel middle, and had no interest in larger schools. Sometimes kids just like the smaller college atmosphere. I have a relative who turned down a scholarship offer from Louisville (in a different sport) and opted for an offer from a smaller school years ago. I know of other kids who have done this as well more recently in other sports as well. If they have the choice, I respect their right to make it and don't think it has any bearing on awards they recieve while in high school. I actually thought that she would pick Georgetown, but I was wrong on that one.

 

If Sears is so used to a tough schedule why would she pass on UK or UL for a tiny school like Union and their weak schedule.

 

I think the Kentucky record books and Oklahoma have picked the winner.

  • Author
If Sears is so used to a tough schedule why would she pass on UK or UL for a tiny school like Union and their weak schedule.

 

I think the Kentucky record books and Oklahoma have picked the winner.

 

Classy post! :rolleyes:

 

If you actually would have read the post you reponded to and quoted, you would have already seen the answer to your question. It is called close to home and smaller school. Her choice. I had a relative years ago turn down a football scholly to UL to play at a smaller school. Why? Because he did not want to attend a larger school, ... his choice. Same applies here.

 

I wish Allen all the luck in the world at Oklahoma! I hope she makes all of Kentucky proud! She has been one of the most dominant pitchers in KHSAA that I have seen. She won the award with Kentucky having a great group of senior pitchers, ... Clark, Riley, Sears, etc.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.