Who will be Miss Softball this year?

Ryle vs. North Laurel tomorrow morning at 9:00 am. The Allen vs. Sears matchup.

I have been waiting for this all season. I am sure that the teams and players have as well. I think Allen has the edge in popular opinion based on the records she has broken, and I understand that. For Sears to win the award, NL needs to win this game. Should be a dandy. However, the O'Cath vs Greenwood game is just as interesting as O'Cath is currently #1 and Greenwood has looked like the best team in this tourney through the first 2 games, anyway.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not true because Riley would be player of the year. If Miss softball come from your Class like Kristen Allen did the girl recieveing the next amount of votes in the 3A class divsion is the player of the year and that is Abby Sears. So Abby was second in the running.

This is not true because Riley would be player of the year. If Miss softball come from your Class like Kristen Allen did the girl recieveing the next amount of votes in the 3A class divsion is the player of the year and that is Abby Sears. So Abby was second in the running.

Runner up for Miss Softball is not too shabby.

You may be correct. However, I was told by a media person that Allen was #1, Riley was #2 and Sears was #3. Either way, Allen won.

You're wrong.

Just wondering, if the awards were for classes 1A-3A, and schools are classified 1A-6A how are they divided?

PS. I have no problem with who received the awards as they were all deserving, just wondering on how they were divided.

Just wondering, if the awards were for classes 1A-3A, and schools are classified 1A-6A how are they divided?

PS. I have no problem with who received the awards as they were all deserving, just wondering on how they were divided.

They use the Track and Field classifications, which only have 3 classes. I think that would be plenty for a softball classification (which I am for).

• 3 weeks later...
I know that all the instate schools did: UK, UL, WKU, etc as well as all the smaller schools. As far as out of state schools, I really am not sure who all she was recruited, contacted or offered by. I don't think Abby and her family wanted her to be out of state and never seriously considered any out of state school. Her younger sister plays at North Laurel middle, and had no interest in larger schools. Sometimes kids just like the smaller college atmosphere. I have a relative who turned down a scholarship offer from Louisville (in a different sport) and opted for an offer from a smaller school years ago. I know of other kids who have done this as well more recently in other sports as well. If they have the choice, I respect their right to make it and don't think it has any bearing on awards they recieve while in high school. I actually thought that she would pick Georgetown, but I was wrong on that one.

If Sears is so used to a tough schedule why would she pass on UK or UL for a tiny school like Union and their weak schedule.

I think the Kentucky record books and Oklahoma have picked the winner.

If Sears is so used to a tough schedule why would she pass on UK or UL for a tiny school like Union and their weak schedule.

I think the Kentucky record books and Oklahoma have picked the winner.

Classy post! :rolleyes:

If you actually would have read the post you reponded to and quoted, you would have already seen the answer to your question. It is called close to home and smaller school. Her choice. I had a relative years ago turn down a football scholly to UL to play at a smaller school. Why? Because he did not want to attend a larger school, ... his choice. Same applies here.

I wish Allen all the luck in the world at Oklahoma! I hope she makes all of Kentucky proud! She has been one of the most dominant pitchers in KHSAA that I have seen. She won the award with Kentucky having a great group of senior pitchers, ... Clark, Riley, Sears, etc.