May 24, 200818 yr 2006 right, I couldn't find him. http://www.cincinnati.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=2&pr_key=42633
May 24, 200818 yr Thanks...I like the article about how the mid majors were getting it done. GT, has he improved that much, or is he one that sliped through the cracks so to speak?
May 24, 200818 yr Thanks...I like the article about how the mid majors were getting it done. GT, has he improved that much, or is he one that sliped through the cracks so to speak? I think the knock when majors looked at him was his frame. Obviously they missed big time on Curry...
May 24, 200818 yr I think the knock when majors looked at him was his frame. Obviously they missed big time on Curry... :thumb: I'll say.
May 24, 200818 yr What's funny about it? He's been evaluated by some of the best in the business... The way I heard it was a lot of the big names hadn't seen him because his AAU team doesn't travel to a lot of the big tourneys... And if you watch the videos it very easy to see he can handle the ball very well and has a very quick release. It my eyes it's like watching a Noel Devine video and saying the kid can't run the ball...
May 24, 200818 yr I think the knock when majors looked at him was his frame. Obviously they missed big time on Curry... If only teams had a time machine.
May 24, 200818 yr The way I heard it was a lot of the big names hadn't seen him because his AAU team doesn't travel to a lot of the big tourneys... He's from Durham, NC. I think there are a few big names in that region with easy access to see the kid. And then there are the next tier of programs in that region that also didn't show interest. His AAU team played enough in that region to get him evaluated...
May 25, 200818 yr Telep saw him play one time...and gave him a 1 star rating based on that performance. I am skeptical too...however. Played at small school his soph and junior seasons...played at bigger school in Durham his last year. His high school assistant coach put together the YouTube clips. Presently, playing at TOC with Mark Komora's team. Justin Young admitted today the kid was better than he previously thought, and said he played well the first day...still doesn't know if he is UK good, but was better than he thought. Said he was about 6'1. A lot to play out before he gets an offer.
May 25, 200818 yr Now those are some handles. One thing though, he has a very blockable shot. If the D can stay on top of him (which might not be too easy), he will have trouble getting that shot off. He doesn't have a jump shot, he has a shot, but his very quick release allows him to be very good. An excellent defender in a man defense could shut him down a bit. However the one thing I did notice, is that this guy is white, and apparently we can't jump, according to producers in L.A. However all of his shots seemed to be against people that can jump. So maybe, his shot isn't that easy to black after all.....
May 25, 200818 yr I think the knock when majors looked at him was his frame. Obviously they missed big time on Curry... He didnt play much AAU, was tutored by his father. Another player was similar as well, situation wise, maybe not getting seen ,like many when coming out and that was Josh Duncan. Duncan preferred the tutoring of his father and limited his AAU play.
May 25, 200818 yr Justin Young admitted today the kid was better than he previously thought, and said he played well the first day...still doesn't know if he is UK good, but was better than he thought. He said he saw him at a previous HS event, but hasn't seen him at TOC...
May 25, 200818 yr He said he saw him at a previous HS event, but hasn't seen him at TOC... I saw a thing on rivals about him playing well at TOC this weekend. I thought Justin Young wrote the article. As for the kid, it doesn't matter what Rivals or Scout or anyone else hink of him. All tha matters is what college coaches think of him as to whether or not he gets a big offer. Gillispie will have a great chance to see and evaluate him and then go from there at the Elite camp.
May 25, 200818 yr Young listed his stats for the Friday game, but said in the running thread on the recruiting board that he didn't see him in person. No surprise since SE Elite isn't as loaded as normal this year...
May 26, 200818 yr Gotcha...still skeptical of the hoopla. Just wish we would get a Jasper decision and end this signing period.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.