Track the Reds (Week 8)

With Harang and Volquez pitching, it was directly related to the two best starters being overworked...

I understood. Aaron Harang would have thrown close to 60 pitches in the pen today anyway. Obviously not as intensely, but Harang is a work horse and today's performance shouldn't affect him (other than delaying his next start).

Volquez won't go any more than 2 innings.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understood. Aaron Harang would have thrown close to 60 pitches in the pen today anyway. Obviously not as intensely, but Harang is a work horse and today's performance shouldn't affect him (other than delaying his next start).

Volquez won't go any more than 2 innings.

Everyone, but Cueto has been used. I'm not sure whey they didn't use him first since he had more rest. I wonder what position player they will go to first.

You ain't kidding. I'd just assume Volquez give up a first pitch homer instead of risk injuring his arm by throwing too many pitches.

LRCW, you know I love ya, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but this is the second time today (the other time was in a direct quote in a newspaper story!) I've seen this phrase misused, and I just can't let it go again. The correct parlance is "I'd just as soon ..."

LRCW, you know I love ya, and I don't mean to be a jerk, but this is the second time today (the other time was in a direct quote in a newspaper story!) I've seen this phrase misused, and I just can't let it go again. The correct parlance is "I'd just as soon ..."

Go get 'em big guy. :D

But, its ok for Cueto to get killed in Cincinnati? Homer would do as good. 4-2 last season.

Look at more than the record. Look at his ERA, his BA against, his WHIP. He was very, very lucky to go 4-2.