May 16, 200818 yr He is the best in my book. Webb's sinker is just plain nasty!!!!! Taylor made for GABP.:thumb:
May 16, 200818 yr Yes he's good, but he's gotten PLENTY of run support, but he's not even in the top 5 in ERA and he's 9th in strike outs. Is he one of the best, yes. But it's not cut and dry that he's the best.
May 16, 200818 yr He is a great great pitcher and will be in the HOF. I wish the Reds had him, I would trade ANYTHING to have Brandon Webb, the best pitcher in baseball.
May 16, 200818 yr Taylor made for GABP.:thumb: I agree. The folks in charge of the "Little Red Machine" let him slip right through their fingers.
May 16, 200818 yr I don't know that I would take another pitcher in the game over Webb right now. I would have said Santana until recently, but Webb has nudged ahead of him.
May 16, 200818 yr A pitcher is only as good at the 1 guy infront of him, and the 7 guys behind him. Given the right fielders most MLB pitchers could be top pitchers.
May 16, 200818 yr A pitcher is only as good at the 1 guy infront of him, and the 7 guys behind him. Given the right fielders most MLB pitchers could be top pitchers.Hardly ... even the best teams have bad pitchers, and even the worst teams have good pitchers.
May 17, 200818 yr A pitcher is only as good at the 1 guy infront of him, and the 7 guys behind him. Given the right fielders most MLB pitchers could be top pitchers. There is a whole lot more involved to become a successful pitcher than just putting a defense in place.
May 17, 200818 yr A pitcher is only as good at the 1 guy infront of him, and the 7 guys behind him. Given the right fielders most MLB pitchers could be top pitchers. That statement is pretty wrong. While a pitcher needs a good fielding team behind him, that is not what makes a pitcher good or great. It's the pitcher that throws a lot of different pitches, has good control, can change speeds, good velocity, and hides the ball well.
May 17, 200818 yr He is a great great pitcher and will be in the HOF. I wish the Reds had him, I would trade ANYTHING to have Brandon Webb, the best pitcher in baseball. He's a great pitcher, and any team would love to have him but let's not start clearing off space in Cooperstown for him just yet. He's already 29 and only has 74 career wins--he's got a way to go to even be in the conversation.
May 17, 200818 yr The argument can be made with validity! Right now he is pitching like the best. I'd take Santana, Peavy + Webb as my top 3.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.