Scott Co. Top 10 team in the nation next season?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guessing it will be pretty high profile, with several out-of-state tourneys/showcases?

Last year schedule did not work in favor :) I if your looking for a return to the City of Palms and then the Beachball......your probably going to be out of luck.

I would also probably think that SC will not be preseason top 10 in nation....they will be unproven.....and even if all players play there is no guarantee they will mesh together. Best team I ever saw put together at Gtown College lost one game in Regular Season and then lost in Second Round of NAIA tourney.......

Several state teams have been ranked from Ky. over the years, and with a lot less talent. Just teams that come to mind right now are SC last year and the 99 team, a couple of Mason Co. squads, Catholic a few years ago with the "Big 3", Ballard back when Bender was there. I'm sure there have been more.

Scott Co. should be very good next year (at least it looks that way on paper). Considering they are basically a KY All-Star team! I think Pre-season #1 in the state? Nationally? Really national rankings mean nothing at the high school level. Really no way to objectively compare teams. Pretty meaningless.

Scott may go undefeated, and again may loose in the first round of their district. Just look at the NCAAB and NFL. Both of those highly rated team not only lost a game. But neither won their championship. High School ball is so unpredictable. That's what makes it exciting.