Rebels vs. Purples

I would love to see Danville vs B.G.

Boyle Vs W.C.

I have been wanting that to happen for a long time...:thumb:

My memory is kind of hazy, didn't they play 2 years back in the late 80's? If memory serves BG was the only loss for Danville in '89 when they won AA. (1 point maybe?)

Hey Pride and ADopted ADmiral!

Yes, Boyle Co and Central play the first game, while Alma Mater squares off with Henry Clay in the second game. GREAT opportunity for you all and Mrs PH and I to hook up! There are some handicapped places just under the upper deck where I can park my wheelchair, so we'll be very easy to find. When you enter the stadium, go to the left side as you face the field. She and I will be sitting around the 25 or 30 yard line. Here's the clincher: look for the 1976-vintage gold jersey #57...it is the actual jersey I wore the night we beat Tilghman for the first time ever in 1976!

Be sure to get a program. as I am the keeper of all of the bowl records, and I do a preview of all four of the participants.

Hey YepItsMe!

Welcome to a Special Place! Mrs PH and I are glad you're here! We will look forward to hooking up with you as well if you like! Can't have enough Alma Mater fans on here!

Can't wait until the '08 season gets here...Sic 'em, Purple!!:ylsuper::thumb::D

Hey Pride and ADopted ADmiral!

Yes, Boyle Co and Central play the first game, while Alma Mater squares off with Henry Clay in the second game. GREAT opportunity for you all and Mrs PH and I to hook up! There are some handicapped places just under the upper deck where I can park my wheelchair, so we'll be very easy to find. When you enter the stadium, go to the left side as you face the field. She and I will be sitting around the 25 or 30 yard line. Here's the clincher: look for the 1976-vintage gold jersey #57...it is the actual jersey I wore the night we beat Tilghman for the first time ever in 1976!

Be sure to get a program. as I am the keeper of all of the bowl records, and I do a preview of all four of the participants.

Hey YepItsMe!

Welcome to a Special Place! Mrs PH and I are glad you're here! We will look forward to hooking up with you as well if you like! Can't have enough Alma Mater fans on here!

Can't wait until the '08 season gets here...Sic 'em, Purple!!:ylsuper::thumb::D

Thanks for the invite. I have not been keeping up with the Purples as much as I should be but I know most of the coaches and actually play under a couple of them, I played against Coach Wallace when he was at Warren East. Since a close friend passed away it hard to come back to the games. Monie Beard was a special person and a close father figure to me, I still miss him to this day.

Thanks for the invite. I have not been keeping up with the Purples as much as I should be but I know most of the coaches and actually play under a couple of them, I played against Coach Wallace when he was at Warren East. Since a close friend passed away it hard to come back to the games. Monie Beard was a special person and a close father figure to me, I still miss him to this day.

Yep, I played against Kevin Wallace when he played at Warren East! I don't know too many players (myself included) who weren't touched in a positive way by Mr. Beard. I played football with and graduated with his son Doug!

You have missed some of the most exciting moments in BGHS's storied football history...I would welcome the opportunity to fill in some blanks for you and talk shop with you sometime! It is a tradition now for me to welcome the guys on and off the field at home and, sometimes, on the road too! Mrs PH and I sit where everybody comes on and off the field, so we're real easy to find! I have established another tradition too...I present the Senior Class each year. I have had my photo made with each Senior Class since 2002. Mrs PH saw her first Alma Mater game in 1988 when Charles Glass and Roscoe Echols (both current assistant coaches) were seniors!

I'm sure that we'll be hollerin' at each other very soon. Nothing beats old Purples getting together swapping stories and contributing to our rich tradition! Besides, the current players LOVE to hear historical items about Purples Football!:thumb::D

Yep, I played against Kevin Wallace when he played at Warren East! I don't know too many players (myself included) who weren't touched in a positive way by Mr. Beard. I played football with and graduated with his son Doug!

You have missed some of the most exciting moments in BGHS's storied football history...I would welcome the opportunity to fill in some blanks for you and talk shop with you sometime! It is a tradition now for me to welcome the guys on and off the field at home and, sometimes, on the road too! Mrs PH and I sit where everybody comes on and off the field, so we're real easy to find! I have established another tradition too...I present the Senior Class each year. I have had my photo made with each Senior Class since 2002. Mrs PH saw her first Alma Mater game in 1988 when Charles Glass and Roscoe Echols (both current assistant coaches) were seniors!

I'm sure that we'll be hollerin' at each other very soon. Nothing beats old Purples getting together swapping stories and contributing to our rich tradition! Besides, the current players LOVE to hear historical items about Purples Football!:thumb::D

With out a doubt, what I remember most about when I played, beating Tillman at Tillman only to lose to Meade co in semi-state. At that time, BGHS had never made it past the second round of the playoffs. Of course 2 years later we made it to state. I am hoping to be able to get back to a few games this year. By the way, I was a freshman when Chuck and Roscoe were seniors and actually I was the only freshman to dress varsity that year when they got into the playoffs. Special moments!!