April 24, 200818 yr NASA/ESA/Hubble Heritage Team Arp 148, shown here, is the staggering aftermath of an encounter between two galaxies, resulting in a ring-shaped galaxy and a long-tailed companion. This image is part of a large collection of 59 photos of merging galaxies taken by the Hubble Space Telescope.
April 24, 200818 yr You might enjoy these, too. http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080420.html http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060108.html And...my favorite... http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap040815.html If you like astronomy, this is a daily "must see". I spend the first ten minutes of my astronomy class every day on this site and spaceweather.com.
April 24, 200818 yr You might enjoy these, too. http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap080420.html http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap060108.html And...my favorite... http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap040815.html If you like astronomy, this is a daily "must see". I spend the first ten minutes of my astronomy class every day on this site and spaceweather.com. I also have the site bookmarked and check it out every day.
April 26, 200818 yr One of the best since Sagan's Cosmos... I recently watched a number of the Cosmos re-runs. I still enjoy them but IMO The Universe is far and away better because of all the advances in science they have at their disposal.
April 26, 200818 yr I assume everyone in this thread watches The Universe? Great stuff! I've been watching it. Fascinating stuff. I'm starting to find out that while I know next to nothing about the universe, the experts apparently know very little either. New theories, conflicting theories, new technologies, new discoveries are constantly changing that field of science.
April 26, 200818 yr Astronomy has always been a passion and a fascination of mine. The wonders of the universe never cease to amaze.
April 26, 200818 yr Astronomy has always been a passion and a fascination of mine. The wonders of the universe never cease to amaze. When you're out with a telescope on a crisp, clear night observing the vastness of the universe it is almost daunting to think just how small our place in it really is.
April 27, 200818 yr When you're out with a telescope on a crisp, clear night observing the vastness of the universe it is almost daunting to think just how small our place in it really is. :thumb::thumb: Scary at times!
April 27, 200818 yr When you're out with a telescope on a crisp, clear night observing the vastness of the universe it is almost daunting to think just how small our place in it really is. I lose myself in the vastness and awesome magesty of space
April 27, 200818 yr Speaking of space and the universe: Didn't Hillary Clinton once have to dodge chunks of a large asteroid while on diplomatic mission to distant space colony? Is Carter risking revocation of his passport credentials after negotiating with those Klingons from Andromeda? Did you know when you look up at distant stars, you are looking back in time....? You know , back when John McCain was just being born! Didn't Al Gore invent the universe?
April 27, 200818 yr Speaking of space and the universe: Didn't Hillary Clinton once have to dodge chunks of a large asteroid while on diplomatic mission to distant space colony? Is Carter risking revocation of his passport credentials after negotiating with those Klingons from Andromeda? Did you know when you look up at distant stars, you are looking back in time....? You know , back when John McCain was just being born! Didn't Al Gore invent the universe? Now that's REALLY scary!
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.