Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Banning of Dogs

Featured Replies

 

So what would be next? Chows, Rotweilers, German Shepards? This could go on and on...

 

Funny you should mention German Sheapards, I guess that some could be dangerous just like a lot of other breeds. I will say that I had a German Sheaprd from the time that I was born (literally, my father bought it as a pup on his way home from the hospital the day I was born). That dog would not harm anyone of anything, I can remember and my mother still has pics of me when very young riding that dog like a horse in my cowboy outfit, LOL.

  • Replies 110
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, my little half Jack Russell/half Beagle is so unpredictable I take precautions when he's around other dogs and people. Around people, he's very hyper, and could hurt little kids, unintentionally. He scares some people because he jumps and barks like crazy at them. He is trying to get their attention, but some people think he's attacking them. Around other dogs, he's completely unpredictable. He's completely alpha male, and suffers from a Napoleon complex to boot. The girls upstairs have a Great Dane, and he's sweet as can be. He'd love to be doggie friends with Lucky. But everytime Lucky sees him, he goes into defense mode and it's really ugly.

 

I'm not specifically for a ban on any certain dogs or breeds. However, I'm perfectly fine with stiff fines, even jail, if owners do not take proper precautions to control their pets.

All Chows I've seen have a bad streak in them. Rotwallwers can be nice but I've seen some that are really scary! Pit Bulls scary. Doberman's it depends but I've seen some mean ones. My boxer is laying on me right now and it's the most gentle dog I've ever seen. My kids ride it, waller it etc and it can't snuggle enough. I've seen some that are really big and look scary though. I thought I was going to be eaten by a Saint Bernard once. It chased me from a neighbors of somebody I was going to see. I ran inside the door and it crashed into it. I have little doubt that it would have torn me to shreds had I not been smoke foot at the time! I've seen a couple of mean Great Danes too.

I know Rottweilers very well and I can tell you that the biggest problem is not the breed themselves. They are wonderful dogs. The problem is with the gene-pool rejects who generally get them. Most of the primordial retards who own Rottweilers have them because they "Want me a big, mean dawg!!" The problem therein is that these utter fools who, like their dogs, need to be spayed and nutered to prevent them from further breeding, proceed to raise the dog improperly. Rottweilers are among the smartest breeds of dog and they require consistent and firm traning from their youths from experienced dog owners.

 

They require considerable attention! Attention that is woefully lacking from the aformentioned genetic rejects.

 

I had one for 13 years. He was the most wonderful dog you could ever ask for. He protected everyone in the family and was as gentle as can be. The only injuries he ever caused were when we might trip over him because you couldn't see him in the dark. He never bit anyone and was a stoic protector of the children in the family. Sadly he had to be put to sleep because of his hips and serious vertigo issues March 31, 2007.

 

Anyone that paints a breed like the Rottweiler with such a broad brush needs to understand the breed first.

 

The reason they have the reputation they do isn't because of any inherent aggresiveness in the breed it is because of irresponsible handling. Any owner should be held liable for the behavior of their dog.

I think that can be said with most dogs. Most of them are pretty solid dogs but they get idiodic owners.

I had started to add that to my post (about guns) but thought I'd wait to hear others make the same connection.

 

I have never heard of a gun biting a human but I have heard of a dog shooting a human.:lol:

  • Author
I have never heard of a gun biting a human but I have heard of a dog shooting a human.:lol:

My connection in comparision; banning guns... If you ban them then only irresponsible people would have them. Law abiders, would do just that, abide by the law.

SO go after those that break the law.

  • Author

Also I am thinking this ban will include any type of mix.. terrier, boxer, pit....

 

I have a couple of aquaintances that have pit bulls, and they are big babies. They are these people's pets, and they aren't the type of people that take them and train them to be killers.

So if you are in another county that doesn't have this ban and you want a pitty, I am sure you will have the opp. to adopt through PAWS in Paris.

My connection in comparision; banning guns... If you ban them then only irresponsible people would have them. Law abiders, would do just that, abide by the law.

SO go after those that break the law.

 

Strangely, we have found an area of common ground! :thumb:

  • Author
Strangely, we have found an area of common ground! :thumb:

Did we not agree on something?

I can't keep up with who I may have had disagreements with???:lol:

Did we not agree on something?

I can't keep up with who I may have had disagreements with???:lol:

 

That's a good way to be! :thumb:

  • Author
That's a good way to be! :thumb:

I try not to take anything personal it's all in good fun on here! I hope the same is felt with everyone else.

If we all agreed all the time, it would be boring on here!:lol:

What towns have dog bans (specify breed(s) )?

 

Paris City Commission is about to put together some language for a first reading of banning pitbulls.

 

Shouldn't they enforce the rules they have and punish/go after the irresponsible dog owner(s) instead of the whole breed?

 

Your all thoughts/experience with this?

 

I am sure that it will help the young child whose face is mangled to know that the police went after the irresponsible dog owner AFTER the child's face was mangled. And that it was much better to do it this way than to try and do something preventative that would have kept their face from being mangled.

Any type of dog, except for a select few breeds, is capable of attacking someone and hurting them.

 

One type of dog is no more likely, by nature, to attack than another. Banning a specific breed of dog is nonsense to me.

 

The problem is the owners. The owners are the ones who are raising / training the dog's in most cases.

 

If you raise / train, or lack of train, a hatefull dog it will hate. If you raise / train a loving dog it will love.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.