Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Banning of Dogs

Featured Replies

What towns have dog bans (specify breed(s) )?

 

Paris City Commission is about to put together some language for a first reading of banning pitbulls.

 

Shouldn't they enforce the rules they have and punish/go after the irresponsible dog owner(s) instead of the whole breed?

 

Your all thoughts/experience with this?

  • Replies 110
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. It is sort of the same thing as guns for me. People should be allowed to own them, they must be responsible for them at all times, though.

  • Author
I agree. It is sort of the same thing as guns for me. People should be allowed to own them, they must be responsible for them at all times, though.

I had started to add that to my post (about guns) but thought I'd wait to hear others make the same connection.

I agree. It is sort of the same thing as guns for me. People should be allowed to own them, they must be responsible for them at all times, though.

 

I don't see it that way. Dogs can get out on their own. And contrary to common belief they don't have to be trained to fight to attack a person or another animal. the only way a gun gets out of it's owner's domain is if another human takes it.

I don't see it that way. Dogs can get out on their own. And contrary to common belief they don't have to be trained to fight to attack a person or another animal. the only way a gun gets out of it's owner's domain is if another human takes it.

 

Actually, a gun that is left where it can "get out" (in the hands of a child) is just as dangerous. A responsible dog owner will take all precautions to protect their animals and those people that could come in contact with them. It's just a difference of opinion, I guess.

Actually, a gun that is left where it can "get out" (in the hands of a child) is just as dangerous. A responsible dog owner will take all precautions to protect their animals and those people that could come in contact with them. It's just a difference of opinion, I guess.

 

I understand what you're saying. I have seen a dog crash through a plate glass window to get at an animal outside. How does the owner prevent that?

I understand what you're saying. I have seen a dog crash through a plate glass window to get at an animal outside. How does the owner prevent that?

 

Chain length fence around the yard of the house. If you choose certain more aggressive breeds of dogs, you have to realize that responsible ownership will mean that you take some pretty drastic steps for some people.

  • Author
Chain length fence around the yard of the house. If you choose certain more aggressive breeds of dogs, you have to realize that responsible ownership will mean that you take some pretty drastic steps for some people.

They can also put the kennels on concrete slabs to keep them from digging out...

Chain length fence around the yard of the house. If you choose certain more aggressive breeds of dogs, you have to realize that responsible ownership will mean that you take some pretty drastic steps for some people.

 

All common sense stuff. Amazing how some of those dogs get under and over those fences, run through shock zones. The only surefire way to keep these dogs under wraps is to chain them. That is extreme. Most owners will take them off the chain at some point in time. Then the dog could escape, heck could even turn on his owner. Happens all the time. A gun will never do something of its own accord. I don't really have to much of an opinion about the banning of dogs, I just didn't like the comparison to an inanimate object.

  • Author

I just way to say this seems somehow unconstitutional to dog owners?

(someone can intervene anytime to enlighten us with factual data)

 

So what would be next? Chows, Rotweilers, German Shepards? This could go on and on...

I just way to say this seems somehow unconstitutional to dog owners?

(someone can intervene anytime to enlighten us with factual data)

 

So what would be next? Chows, Rotweilers, German Shepards? This could go on and on...

 

I have a Golden Retriever. Should I be worried?:lol:

Once again this is an example of what is wrong with the US.

 

Enforce laws that are on the books and you do not need new ones. Make owners responsible and prosecute those who let their dogs run lose or attack kids/people because they trained them or did not acclimate them to other animals people.

All common sense stuff. Amazing how some of those dogs get under and over those fences, run through shock zones. The only surefire way to keep these dogs under wraps is to chain them. That is extreme. Most owners will take them off the chain at some point in time. Then the dog could escape, heck could even turn on his owner. Happens all the time. A gun will never do something of its own accord. I don't really have to much of an opinion about the banning of dogs, I just didn't like the comparison to an inanimate object.

 

I understand where you are coming from, too. My point is that responsible ownership of either dogs or guns can prevent injuries from occurring.

We have a boxer - he's good. My cousin has Rotweilers and honestly they scared the crap out of me.

If not a total ban on certain breeds then definately restrictions placed on them as far as owners having to keep them fenced in, restrained, etc.. I am talking about ones such as Pit Bulls, Rotweilers and the like. As another said the list could go on and on. When you get down to it, NO dog be it dangerous or not should be allowed to run out anywhere in a city / residential type area.

 

As far as a comparison to guns, I maybe can see what some are trying to say but I have never in my life witnessed a gun running down the street at random and attacking a human being, animal or anything else for that matter. Enforce gun laws that are already present and prosecute/lock away these thugs using guns in a crime..........Period, no "rehab", no lightened sentence's, no community service, no nothing! Put them away.

 

Another has already stated above and made a good point in that like guns, there are enough laws already on the books, they just need to be enforced. Should the laws restricting dogs be enforced on these dog owners then I believe that a lot of these problems would go away. A few maximum fines, jail time if it pertains and imo we would see a lot more of the laws already in place be followed.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.