April 9, 200818 yr Doesn't change the fact that deals were agreed to and LSU backed out both times... The only fact I know of is you said it was a lock when actually its obviously not a lock. Therefore you were wrong in this matter. Sorry.
April 9, 200818 yr But you and I both know in this business there is rarely any such thing as a lock. Especially in a situation like this. All inside info that guys like labs, 98 and I get are simply a moment in time any more. Things are "done" and fall apart every day this time of year. With LSU the strange part is they identify a target, get serious interest and then nothing twice. I'd guess it has a bit to do with Jazzy Hartwell and trying to keep J'Mison Morgan. Randolph declared today, and Brady ran off a serious amount of talent over the last 3 years. Morgan isn't going to LSU, and forcing Pierre on a new hire won't save him. It's an athletic department in transition, and in the process they have totally botched a search for a new basketball coach. Sometimes when you have $225,000 invested in a recruit you do crazy things to keep him. Just saying...
April 9, 200818 yr Sounds like a recruiting violation GT. John Brady wasn't landing numerous 5 star kids on merit...
April 9, 200818 yr LSU needs to nail something down and get their program back in order, that's for sure. Anytime you lose future NBA stars right in your back door, like the 6'10 Greg Monroe who signed with Georgetown, well...that's not good.
April 9, 200818 yr Trent Johnson from Stanford being mentioned as well. I could see this. He is losing both his big dogs.
April 9, 200818 yr I just wonder if he would have cut me a break in the same situation :confused: Only if your banker will cut me a check.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.