Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

OK St. to offer Self 4 mil a year????

Featured Replies

Does he have ties to Oklahoma State? If not, I'd stay in Lawrence.

 

Yes, he is an alumnist.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
Further on down...

 

There's some buzz at the NCAA Final Four in San Antonio that Gophers men's basketball coach Tubby Smith could be sought for the Oklahoma State job for a boatload of money, but Smith has a $3 million buyout this year at Minnesota.

 

:lol:

Saw that! I had never heard of fannation, but it's apparently a CNNSI site.

 

With a $3 Million buyout I don't see them going after him, nor do I see Tubby bolting after one year.

Bill Self's current contract numbers at Kansas:

 

Total pay: $1,600,700

 

In addition to that seven-figure salary, his contract says he gets two luxury cars, membership at two country clubs and a term life insurance policy worth $2,000,000. USA Today reported that Self received a one-time bonus of $1,125,000.

I believe Tubby Smith has the highest salary. But after bonuses and what not, not sure if he's the highest paid.

 

Tubby does indeed have the highest paid salary:

 

Source: http://www.askmen.com/sports/fitness_top_ten_100/139c_fitness_list.html

 

Total pay: $2,073,307

 

Even though Kentucky fans were often calling for Smith’s head, he compiled an impressive record there: a national championship, five SEC championships, an average of nearly 27 wins per season, and six Sweet 16 finishes. Smith reached 100 wins at Kentucky faster than any other head coach, except for the legendary Adolph Rupp.

 

Before moving to the University of Minnesota in 2007, Tubby Smith was getting $2,073,307 per season in addition to a pair of automobiles and a one-time bonus of $4 million, according to USA Today.

From what I have heard there is an alumni of Ok St. that has a boat load of money, I mean like billions of dollars, that is giving most of the money for the salery.

Just saw on the ticker where they are also offering a 6 million dollar bonus.

From what I have heard there is an alumni of Ok St. that has a boat load of money, I mean like billions of dollars, that is giving most of the money for the salery.

 

T. Boone Pickens I think................

OK St. is offering a 6 million dollar signing bonus. I would go for that amount of money.

Rumor ( from what you read on message boards ) is that Self will stay at Kansas and BCG to Oklahoma State. This is whats being thrown around at the Final Four.

Rumor ( from what you read on message boards ) is that Self will stay at Kansas and BCG to Oklahoma State. This is whats being thrown around at the Final Four.

 

As funny as I think that to be, I don't think it will happen...

Rumor ( from what you read on message boards ) is that Self will stay at Kansas and BCG to Oklahoma State. This is whats being thrown around at the Final Four.

 

That would be horrible. If Coach G leaves, it would be horrible for the players. Just thinking about it upsets my stomach.

As funny as I think that to be, I don't think it will happen...

 

:sssh::laugh:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.