Will Coach G Stay Or Go?

pallex32

Will Coach G stay or go?  

124 members have voted

1. 1. Will Coach G stay or go?

• He'll stay at UK
    • He'll leave for Oklahoma State

I believe when Kansas season is over, Self will at least listen to their pitch.

I think you're right. He almost has to. But in the end it will be similar to Billy Donovan/Kentucky and Roy Williams/North Carolina (Part I), he'll feel obligated to remain at Kansas.

Now, Williams ended up at North Carolina after they asked a couple years later. I wouldn't be surprised if Donovan ended up at Kentucky in a few years, either. Perhaps Self winds up at Oklahoma State somewhere down the line - just not right now.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He should have already been gone. There is no excuse for him not to have signed a contract with UK. It is time for UK to cut its losses and find somebody who really wants to be here.

You're absolutely right... It's much better to not honor the contract you've signed than it is to coach your tail off for a season without a contract... :rolleyes:

Contract or no contract, if he wants to leave he'll leave... People are making way too big of a deal about that situation.

If anyone were to leave a big name program for OSU, I think it would be Self.

I agree. Isn't he an alumn. I've heard they already have big money ready to throw at him (most of it from one man).

If Self takes the OSU Job would Billy G. be interested in Kansas? I cant believe where the Ky coaching job is right now. Minnesota comes and gets Tubby and now OSU thinks they can get Gillespie.

The Tubby situation was more of him needing to get out of here. I don't think it mattered who it was, he was just tired of the continuous scrutiny and pressure, which anyone would be.

If Self takes the OSU Job would Billy G. be interested in Kansas? I cant believe where the Ky coaching job is right now. Minnesota comes and gets Tubby and now OSU thinks they can get Gillespie.

If Self goes to OSU, Larry Brown will probably be number 1 on KU's list and I don't think Billy G would be approached. Just my opinion, though.

You're absolutely right... It's much better to not honor the contract you've signed than it is to coach your tail off for a season without a contract... :rolleyes:

Contract or no contract, if he wants to leave he'll leave... People are making way too big of a deal about that situation.

If it isn't a big deal, then why doesn't he just sign the thing and end any controversy?

He is making it a big deal by not commiting a signature to his deal.