Bruce Pearl: Rondo, Crawford and Bradley were all better than Lofton out of HS

Oliver Simmons turned into a fine ballplayer at FSU.

He averaged:

UK Freshman 37 points in 21 games 24 boards

FSU Soph 1.9 points per game 1.3 boards

FSU Junior 5.9 points per game 4.0 boards

FSU Senior 7.5 points per game 4.9 boards

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with Pearl's assesment, Tubby and Rick got better players out of HS, think they still may've gotten players for what they needed to.

Not sure how much more Lofton would've helped UK this year than Bradley of Crawford.

Not sure who Louisville got that was better out of high school. They have no senior guards on this years team and Telfair didnt and never was going to come to UL. UL would be hard to stop with Lofton's outside shooting ability. Rick Pitino watched Chris Lofton 3 or 4 straight days his junior year at the KOB and even brought Garcia and Dean to watch him play. He lit the tourney up. He just missed it with this kid.

Yup.. In this case, the three most local schools all did, that is why it is a story.

4 as Sean Miller said before they played UT that he missed this guy totally. Never thought he would be the player he became.

So, you have Tubby that missed him. Pitino that missed him. Huggins who missed him. And Sean Miller that missed him. That ain't chopped liver missing him.

According to the UT and UK websites:

Bradley- Sr. year in FL 20.0 ppg, 8 rpg, 6 apg

Crawford - Sr. year in Michigan 24 ppg, 11 rpg, 7 apg

Lofton - Sr. year in KY 26.7 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 3.4 apg

I do not see any way one can misconstrue that article as a knock on Lofton. If anything, Pearl is getting in a little jab at the others because Chris has done more with less "natural" talent. I think he's saying Lofton has developed more in college than the others. It seems completely complimentary to me.

The Mason Co. mob are always just looking for a reason to defend Lofton. Even if someone is complimenting him, there has to be something else to it. I'm growing used to it.

According to the UT and UK websites:

Bradley- Sr. year in FL 20.0 ppg, 8 rpg, 6 apg

Crawford - Sr. year in Michigan 24 ppg, 11 rpg, 7 apg

Lofton - Sr. year in KY 26.7 ppg, 7.4 rpg, 3.4 apg

Sorry, forget to mention that those were their high school stats Sr. year. Not much difference. Lofton-more ppg, less on rpg and apg. So I guess it depends on what recruiters were looking for at the time