Louisville 79 Boise St 61

1owlzfan

Yes that worries me for the next game. They may have in their minds that they are good shooters.

One reason they shot well was because BSU was not going to let DP and the post game beat them. Pitino talked about it in the post game, he said they expected that and really worked on moving the ball and shooting the open trey. Which, is what they did.

The only thing that worried me was the unforced turnovers. They cut them down and will win by double figures again.

Maybe Smith has broken out of his slump. Williams made his first 3 shots (maybe 3 of 4) and then ended up 3 for 12. I don't think UL can sustain that type of 3-point production even if teams sag. They need to be more balanced offensively. The D was good, though the press was broken a few times for gimmies. Clark continues to play big and well. He may be the wild card in the whole thing. Caracter seems to be doing better, too. Not trying to be hyper-critical. I don't think man for man (especially back court) the Cards are quite the equal of some of the better teams. But if they play at a high level, they can do some serious damage.

Maybe Smith has broken out of his slump. Williams made his first 3 shots (maybe 3 of 4) and then ended up 3 for 12. I don't think UL can sustain that type of 3-point production even if teams sag. They need to be more balanced offensively. The D was good, though the press was broken a few times for gimmies. Clark continues to play big and well. He may be the wild card in the whole thing. Caracter seems to be doing better, too. Not trying to be hyper-critical. I don't think man for man (especially back court) the Cards are quite the equal of some of the better teams. But if they play at a high level, they can do some serious damage.

I agree the backcourt can be the weakness. However, they are streaky and can play with anyone ona given night.

I think UofL's frontcourt is superior to "some of the better teams", it should be interesting.

Congrats to the Cards. I missed this one for the Arkansas/Indiana game. Did Knowles get any action in this one?
Preston was big for Louisville in the first half... helped break it open on both ends of the floor.

This one went about as I expected, no contest. I was somewhat dissapointed in that Boise didn't go the the "hook & ladder" or the "statue of liberty" plays though. :D.

U.L. imo is going to make a very deep run, I think that this is a final four team and I have them there on one of my brackets.