Holmes v Lexcath Predictions (State Semi #1)

Who wins?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Holmes (33-2)
    • Lexcath (32-3)

That's what I was thinking!! Neither team is very big...:confused:

Lexcath has 4 kids who are 6'5 +. (Shansky, Novosel, Smart, Stewart)

Holmes has three 6'4 kids (J. Johnson, Clark, Nelson) and three 6'5 kids (Humphrey, R.Johnson, Pittman). That is pretty big for a high school team.

You all can bash me all you want. Guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out. I personally think Lexcath wins, but if Holmes does pull it out, don't be surprised.

Neither team played very well today. Lexcath almost lost to a very average Owensboro team who had they not got tired at the end would have pulled the upset. Holmes had one bad quarter which allowed Paintsville to keep it close until the end where their depth finally took its toll on P'ville.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Holmes not press Paintsville today? I would have asked in that thread but you guys already got it closed by calling Pville kids "thugs" and "dirty." Both are laughable, but thats for another thread.

If Holmes wants to press LC they can give them some problems and it will probably take Novosel out of the equation. Novosel was limited today, but he had a very nice player in Moorman guarding him. Sanford and Stewart are still the ones to watch in any game. Novosel isnt going to kill Holmes. If they can stay out on Smart and take him out of the game, pressure the ball, and take care of the ball against LC's press Holmes has a good chance in this one.

This has the potential to be the game of the tournament and I hope it lives up to that.

I was actually sold on Holmes beating LexCath. But then today they did not play up and down much against Paintsville until late in the game. I believe if Holmes would press and get after LexCath they would beat them. But if they play a half court game and don't play at a fast pace for the most part, LexCath may beat them.

That being said I am still going wtih Holmes.

Maybe they new they could win the Paintsville game in the 4th, and save some energy to press all day sat. 80 Minutes of ? .:sssh:

Why did Holmes not press Paintsville today? I would have asked in that thread but you guys already got it closed by calling Pville kids "thugs" and "dirty." Both are laughable, but thats for another thread.

If Holmes wants to press LC they can give them some problems and it will probably take Novosel out of the equation. Novosel was limited today, but he had a very nice player in Moorman guarding him. Sanford and Stewart are still the ones to watch in any game. Novosel isnt going to kill Holmes. If they can stay out on Smart and take him out of the game, pressure the ball, and take care of the ball against LC's press Holmes has a good chance in this one.

This has the potential to be the game of the tournament and I hope it lives up to that.

I was thinking the same thing. Holmes should have pressed more than they did. When they turned up the pressure that's when Holmes started to pull away. Holmes will need to take Novosel out of the game and pressure Sanford with Henderson.

If they can deny the 3 ball from Smart and Stewart they should be alright. Those are all really big IF's though. Lexcath is without a doubt the best team Holmes has seen this year and Holmes will be the underdog.

However, LexCath has played against stiffer competition than Holmes. This will be a dandy. Holmes needs to attack down low and get LexCath's post players in foul trouble.

:thumb:

This is the key to the game IMO.

This and Holmes cannot alllow LexCath to go over the top of their press like they allowed Highland to do earlier in the regular season. I look for this to be a really, really close game. Could go either way depending on the way the officials are calling the game.

The officiating that I saw on friday was very suspect.

Lexcath has 4 kids who are 6'5 +. (Shansky, Novosel, Smart, Stewart)

Holmes has three 6'4 kids (J. Johnson, Clark, Nelson) and three 6'5 kids (Humphrey, R.Johnson, Pittman). That is pretty big for a high school team.

You all can bash me all you want. Guess we'll just have to wait until tomorrow morning to find out. I personally think Lexcath wins, but if Holmes does pull it out, don't be surprised.

Neither team played very well today. Lexcath almost lost to a very average Owensboro team who had they not got tired at the end would have pulled the upset. Holmes had one bad quarter which allowed Paintsville to keep it close until the end where their depth finally took its toll on P'ville.

My heart is with Holmes this morning and the Ninth, but my head says LexCath. I know that many have said that CovCath beat LexCath and Holmes has beaten CovCath three times, but the LexCath team that I have seen play three times since that first game for LexCath against CovCath is nothing like that team at all.

I also think that Mason County wins the whole show, as both Cov Holmes and LexCath will be physically and mentally tired after battling against each other while Mason County sleep walks through their game against Shelby County. This is one huge reason that I want to see the finals moved to Sunday afternoon.

Finally, it is so nice to see the these four Kentucky Regions (8th, 9th, 10th & 11th) playing in the semi-finals. No Mountains teams, no Louisville schools, and no Western schools playing today! My guess is that even this morning semi-final games should be sold out!

The team that takes care of the ball the best wins.

Which ever player from Lex Cath that draws Henderson as a defender needs to be patient and not force things. If it is Sanford, he need not be a hero. LC has plenty of other weapons. Get them the ball!!!!