Holmes v Lexcath Predictions (State Semi #1)

Who wins?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Holmes (33-2)
    • Lexcath (32-3)

Holmes (33-2) will meet Lexcath (32-3) in semi final number one. Many have said the winner of this will go on to win state.

The two have only two common opponents in Covcath and Paintsville.

Lexcath lost to Covcath 60-57.

Holmes beat Covcath 3 times. (59-50, 72-65, 64-50)

Lexcath beat Paintsville 82-64

Holmes beat Paintsville 61-53.

Key to the game, IMO will be Henderson v Sanford.

Holmes is probably the only team who can match up with LC height wise.

Both like to press the whole game and play physical defense but Holmes also has the deeper bench. Who wins and why?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holmes (33-2) will meet Lexcath (32-3) in semi final number one. Many have said the winner of this will go on to win state.

Holmes is probably the only team who can match up with LC height wise and Holmes also has the deeper bench. Who wins and why?

However, LexCath has played against stiffer competition than Holmes. This will be a dandy. Holmes needs to attack down low and get LexCath's post players in foul trouble.

However, LexCath has played against stiffer competition than Holmes. This will be a dandy. Holmes needs to attack down low and get LexCath's post players in foul trouble.

Agree. Holmes matches up with all of Lexcath's players except for Novosel down low. If Holmes can get him in to foul trouble, I can see LC struggling a bit and giving Holmes a chance to make a run.

Novosel will probably decide this game, Holmes has not even come close to facing a back-to-the-basket post player of his caliber this year. Should be interesting how they match up with him.

I agree. Novosel could give Holmes fits.

I don't think Lexcath has seen a team as athletic or deep as Holmes though. (From what the LC folks I've spoken to have told me.)

I don't think Lexcath has seen a team as athletic or deep as Holmes though. (From what the LC folks I've spoken to have told me.)

Teams like Bryan Station and Dunbar are probably close to being as athletic as Holmes (I have not seen them this year but have seen their teams for several years and know some of their players). But I'd bet that Holmes is more patient.

I'd say that Smart, Stewart, Novosel, and Sanford are better than any 4 that Holmes can put up. They will have to win as a team, which is what they have been doing all year

Teams like Bryan Station and Dunbar are probably close to being as athletic as Holmes (I have not seen them this year but have seen their teams for several years and know some of their players). But I'd bet that Holmes is more patient.

I'd say that Smart, Stewart, Novosel, and Sanford are better than any 4 that Holmes can put up. They will have to win as a team, which is what they have been doing all year

Holmes will definetly have to be patient and play as a team.

Actually, Mason County, Scott County and Bryan Station all have depth similar to Holmes as well as athleticism. Modesto Christian had more I think, as did Chicago Simeon. LexCath did not handle the ball control of O'boro very well today but the game would have been a blowout had we been able to make a layup now and then. I agree that LexCath needs a good game from Novosel to win. He hasn't been himself in the tourney so far. The contact inside today was very physical and Novosel usually does well in these games. I like LexCath's chances because they have not really played well to date and I expect them to be more relaxed tomorrow.

Here's the way I see the matchups tomorrow:

5'11 Braeon Avery v 6'2 Taylor Botkin

6'1 Arrez Henderson v 6'3 Vee Sanford

6'4 Jeremiah Johnson v 6'5 Taylor Stewart

6'5 Ricardo Johnson v 6'6 Jordan Smart

6'4 Terrence Clark v 6'5 Nathan Novosel

On A side note, I wouldn't be surprised to see Henley go with Pittman (6'5) over J. Johnson tomorrow to give them a little more size and offense in their lineup.

Chicago Simeon might be one and Boyd out of Ft Lauderdale may be another. Bryan Station may be close. Holmes is definitely a very good team!

ought to be a good game!

Holmes is probably the only team who can match up with LC height wise.

Both like to press the whole game and play physical defense but Holmes also has the deeper bench. Who wins and why?

Who???

LC 77

Holmes 62