Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who are the "Terrible Twenty" 6A coaches...

Featured Replies

My question is to both you and All Tell. Now that you have both shown your school's missions, do the spread of these values go out to special ed students? Do your schools take behavior disorders that have been expelled from other arenas to introduce them to the environment that your schools obviously provide? Really what I am asking, is the goal to try and expose this high educational and religeous environment to everyone, or is it to take the academically and athletically elite in for these services. Once again not to be insulting, but to ask a serious question about the goals of the institutions.

 

I do know that Trinity offers education to boys with learning disabilities. Behavior issues I am not so sure.

  • Replies 100
  • Views 9.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I do know that Trinity offers education to boys with learning disabilities. Behavior issues I am not so sure.

 

Trinity's learning-differences program is a model for the state, as well as the southeast.

 

Trinity does accept children with behavior disorders as well. They, like those with learning differences are not separated, though. They are integrated at their individual learning abilities into classes. Unlike other programs where children with differences are separated and treated differently, those children with challenges are parts of the student body as a whole. One advantage that Trinity does have, is that there is a limit to the behaviorial issues. If the line is ultimately crossed, they do have the ability to expel the student.

Trinity's learning-differences program is a model for the state, as well as the southeast.

 

Trinity does accept children with behavior disorders as well. They, like those with learning differences are not separated, though. They are integrated at their individual learning abilities into classes. Unlike other programs where children with differences are separated and treated differently, those children with challenges are parts of the student body as a whole. One advantage that Trinity does have, is that there is a limit to the behaviorial issues. If the line is ultimately crossed, they do have the ability to expel the student.

 

Hey don't yell at me..I just answered to 94 what I know. :lol::lol:

Hey don't yell at me..I just answered to 94 what I know. :lol::lol:

 

 

Just expounding. :D

Just expounding. :D

 

Well you take that expounding stick and point it the other way. If you don't I'll make spend an entire night with those Dixie Heights fans! :lol::lol::lol:

Just expounding. :D

 

Do they still use corporal punishment?

Do they still use corporal punishment?

 

 

No...:confused:

Do they still use corporal punishment?

 

 

What?!?! Seriously, you actually think that?

Trinity's learning-differences program is a model for the state, as well as the southeast.

 

Trinity does accept children with behavior disorders as well. They, like those with learning differences are not separated, though. They are integrated at their individual learning abilities into classes. Unlike other programs where children with differences are separated and treated differently, those children with challenges are parts of the student body as a whole. One advantage that Trinity does have, is that there is a limit to the behaviorial issues. If the line is ultimately crossed, they do have the ability to expel the student.

 

I think this is one of the points that this debate (public vs private) has uncovered and a positive. At least, some of the privates that have programs aimed at resource students when the thought out there was that they didn't aim at helping those type of students at all.

 

Some might still have that thought, but you definitely cannot lump all private schools into that category.

Do they still use corporal punishment?

What?!?! Seriously, you actually think that?

 

No...:confused:

Chickens.:p;):lol::D:sssh::jump:

I think this is one of the points that this debate (public vs private) has uncovered and a positive. At least, some of the privates that have programs aimed at resource students when the thought out there was that they didn't aim at helping those type of students at all.

 

Some might still have that thought, but you definitely cannot lump all private schools into that category.

 

 

Both Trinity & Assumption (the schools with which I have the most experience) have excellent programs for those with learning differences. I can also tell you that expulsion is not a common thing at either school. Both go to great lengths to keep the student and to work to help those children succeed.

 

And, you are correct. There are many misconceptions about private schools. One is that they are "elitist" in their admission policies. One is that they offer financial aid to only athletic students. Once, there was a post that Trinity had dorms for student athletes. :lol: At no time does anyone ever go to a school's website to learn more about the school. Apparently, ignorance is bliss! :lol:

What?!?! Seriously, you actually think that?

 

I asked that because it is still used in some public schools with parental permission. Therefore, I figured that it could still be used in Catholic Schools. I suppose the ultimate form of punishment that Catholic schools have that some public schools do not is expultion.

:lol: At no time does anyone ever go to a school's website to learn more about the school. Apparently, ignorance is bliss! :lol:

 

It is more fun to ask you.:D

I asked that because it is still used in some public schools with parental permission. Therefore, I figured that it could still be used in Catholic Schools. I suppose the ultimate form of punishment that Catholic schools have that some privats schools do not is expultion.

 

I would have thought it would have been eternal darnation.:p

I asked that because it is still used in some public schools with parental permission. Therefore, I figured that it could still be used in Catholic Schools. I suppose the ultimate form of punishment that Catholic schools have that some privats schools do not is expultion.

 

 

I can honestly say that in 13 years of signing handbook agreements with private schools, that I never once signed anything saying that I would agree to corporal punishment tactics. Expulsion is the ultimate punishment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.