Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Billy Donovan regret staying at Florida?

Featured Replies

I know I know, but just wondering since Florida got knocked out in the first round and after being back-to-back national champions probably isn't even going to the tournament. I just wonder if he regrets staying at Florida.. I still like having Gillespie and I think he is the right fit for UK.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt he regrets it. All though I don't like UF, they will be very good the next few years.

Anyone see his comments on SC, said something like "Why be excited because these guys are going to be sophomores?"

  • Author

Yeah, Donovan doesn't act like he even likes the players he recruited now. You can saw it's motivation or next season or whatever but the way it sounded and everything I believe he really is disgusted with this team and probably does dread next season. They are not very talented.

I think he is just frustrated.

I see a lot of talent at Florida and they have a nice class coming in.

They essentially had to remake their entire roster.

They will be ok.

Yeah, Donovan doesn't act like he even likes the players he recruited now. You can saw it's motivation or next season or whatever but the way it sounded and everything I believe he really is disgusted with this team and probably does dread next season. They are not very talented.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
I think he is just frustrated.

I see a lot of talent at Florida and they have a nice class coming in.

They essentially had to remake their entire roster.

They will be ok.

:thumb:

Yeah, Donovan doesn't act like he even likes the players he recruited now. You can saw it's motivation or next season or whatever but the way it sounded and everything I believe he really is disgusted with this team and probably does dread next season. They are not very talented.

 

They return their entire team next year and always recruit well...

Calethas, Speights(sp.), and Lucas are very good players...

 

Billy D won't have a class like the one that just went through again, but neither will UK or any other school for that matter...

By the time these guys are juniors, they will be a top 10 team. So, no, he doesn't regret staying at UF.

Not in the least. He knew this season was going to be a struggle, but he's there for the long haul. Plus I'm sure he's still happier from a personal perspective.

Anyone see his comments on SC, said something like "Why be excited because these guys are going to be sophomores?"

 

I think what he said was partly a coaching strategy for next season. He light a good motivational fire under them and perhaps they will train harder for next season. He doesnt regret staying at all. He's just frustrated and will be a contender in the next year or two.

I don't think BillyD regrets it. This FL team is the definition of a rebuilding year, and BD knew that coming in this season. I think what he said on ESPN was only to motivate his players. He did learn from the Master RP.

"It's in front of our guys, what it takes to win," Donovan said. "For whatever reason, I haven't brought it out in them. They're not committed to it. But I'm not necessarily really that excited about these guys being sophomores, to be honest. I don't think people change a whole lot, and I don't think you've seen the basketball team change at all this year. So it's hard for me to get overly thrilled or excited."

"It's in front of our guys, what it takes to win," Donovan said. "For whatever reason, I haven't brought it out in them. They're not committed to it. But I'm not necessarily really that excited about these guys being sophomores, to be honest. I don't think people change a whole lot, and I don't think you've seen the basketball team change at all this year. So it's hard for me to get overly thrilled or excited."

 

Maybe he is seeing these guys going down the same road as the teams he had of Matt Walsh, David Lee, etc? Those teams were as talented as anybody in the country, but never meshed as a team.

It will be interesting to see if Speights stays.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.