Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Does Billy Donovan regret staying at Florida?

Featured Replies

Maybe he is seeing these guys going down the same road as the teams he had of Matt Walsh, David Lee, etc? Those teams were as talented as anybody in the country, but never meshed as a team.
:thumb: I can see this also, but we are looking at a bunch of freshman just out of High School. Some freshman seem to be a little more cockier and we are speaking of high profile players who I believe are worse. This FL team really does not have any Senior leadership to take charge over the younger players. When you come in cocky to play for a team like FL and you have no upper class-men to knock you back down this team is what you get. A bunch of cocky freshman that think they are Superman and think they can beat anyone. I believe this FL team will get better, but I am not sure they will get to the point of the two National Championship teams. Those two teams love them or hate them where very special. They where the definition of team.
  • Replies 43
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

 

I don't know what's so funny. IMO he shouldn't have said what he did and if I was the team then I would be pretty upset about it. He is the one that recruited those players so it's on him. Yeah they may get better or they may not but to say that you're disappointed that those players are coming back next year is a horrible thing to say IMO.

Yeah, Donovan doesn't act like he even likes the players he recruited now. You can saw it's motivation or next season or whatever but the way it sounded and everything I believe he really is disgusted with this team and probably does dread next season. They are not very talented.

 

To say they are not talented is wrong, they wouldn't of been the best recuriting class in the nation coming out if they weren't, they had 3 freshman who were all SEC freshman this year. They were young, inexperinced, but most of all, they were very very lazy. If that doesn't change, you will see more years like this in Gainesville.

They did what young teams do, they had some really nice wins this year and they had some really puzzling losses.

 

This team will be that much stronger going into next year.

They are not very talented.
This comment makes it hilarious!

 

To say they are not talented is wrong, they wouldn't of been the best recuriting class in the nation coming out if they weren't, they had 3 freshman who were all SEC.
:thumb:
Maybe he is seeing these guys going down the same road as the teams he had of Matt Walsh, David Lee, etc? Those teams were as talented as anybody in the country, but never meshed as a team.

 

That is a very accurate statement, plus they were one of the softest teams Florida has seen since Billy Donovan has been there. They could score with the best of them like this group, but couldn't make a meaningful stop if they were paid to. Its very scary for me as a gator fan.

I'm sure he'd love sitting on the sidelines in Orlando watching Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and Hedo Turkoglu play some awesome ball, all while collecting a huge payday...

They return their entire team next year and always recruit well...

Calethas, Speights(sp.), and Lucas are very good players...

 

Billy D won't have a class like the one that just went through again, but neither will UK or any other school for that matter...

 

I agree, they have the 5th ranked recurting class coming in next year right now, including the number 3 center and power forward, despertaly need to, outside of Speights, Florida has no inside presence.

I'm sure he'd love sitting on the sidelines in Orlando watching Dwight Howard, Rashard Lewis, and Hedo Turkoglu play some awesome ball, all while collecting a huge payday...

 

They would defintly make him look like a good coach, which he is, but a lot of people think he wouldn't of made it in the pros, which I disagree with, unlike like Pitino and Calparia sp? he gives the players a long lesch, which NBA players love.

Absolutely not. The entire team is basically freshman and sophmores who might as well be freshman because they never got on the court last year. This team has tons of talent, they're just young.

  • Author
This comment makes it hilarious!

 

:thumb:

 

Maybe I shouldn't have said not talented but more so of not being very good, because obviously they have talent or they wouldn't have been recruited.

 

What I'm saying is this. Yes they were highly regarded before the season BUT AFTER their season is now over did they really look like a recruiting class that was 3rd or whatever in the nation? IMO NO. They were when they came in but they, yet, haven't came on like they were supposed too. Florida played a weak nonconference schedule and everything. These kids haven't gotten better over the season and that is my point of them not being good.

Maybe he is seeing these guys going down the same road as the teams he had of Matt Walsh, David Lee, etc? Those teams were as talented as anybody in the country, but never meshed as a team.

 

Those teams never did as good as they were supposed to do.

I know I know, but just wondering since Florida got knocked out in the first round and after being back-to-back national champions probably isn't even going to the tournament. I just wonder if he regrets staying at Florida.. I still like having Gillespie and I think he is the right fit for UK.

:sleep:

 

I think this question is ridiculous, he stayed because he loves it there. He knew this was going to be a rebuilding year. They will be better next year and everyone knows that...

Maybe I shouldn't have said not talented but more so of not being very good, because obviously they have talent or they wouldn't have been recruited.

 

What I'm saying is this. Yes they were highly regarded before the season BUT AFTER their season is now over did they really look like a recruiting class that was 3rd or whatever in the nation? IMO NO. They were when they came in but they, yet, haven't came on like they were supposed too. Florida played a weak nonconference schedule and everything. These kids haven't gotten better over the season and that is my point of them not being good.

 

But they are freshman, played 3 sophmores a junior and 5 freshman, of course they are not going to look good because out side of hodge none of them had played at this level on a consistent basis. Your being awfully hard on 18 and 19 year olds that havent played after losing 92% of there scoring, Im sure if UK was in Floridas situation, winning 20 games, Kentucky folk would think it was one heck of a year. Did Florida underachieve, a lot of people had them finishing 4th in the SEC east in the preseason. So I think they did exactly what they were supposed to.

  • Author
But they are freshman, played 3 sophmores a junior and 5 freshman, of course they are not going to look good because out side of hodge none of them had played at this level on a consistent basis. Your being awfully hard on 18 and 19 year olds that havent played after losing 92% of there scoring, Im sure if UK was in Floridas situation, winning 20 games, Kentucky folk would think it was one heck of a year. Did Florida underachieve, a lot of people had them finishing 4th in the SEC east in the preseason. So I think they did exactly what they were supposed to.

 

Listen, I simply asked if he regretted staying there at Florida. Did you read what he said after the game last night? He said some pretty horrible things about that team, should he have said it? If it's a rebuilding year then why is Billy saying that he is disappointed that this team is returning as sophmores?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.