Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holmes vs Bardstown

Featured Replies

  • Replies 76
  • Views 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Holmes this year, but I have a pretty good idea of what they'll look like. A buddy of mine who has seen them and Bardstown both said the Tigers match up pretty well. Bardstown keeps improving with each game, so I don't know what's gonna happen when they get under the bright lights of Rupp.

 

From most people I've talked to, the feeling I get was that the Tigers were pretty good, but were probably a year away because of their deep but inexperienced junior class. But Corey Hall has been the heart and soul of this squad, and has lifted them on his back with big shot-making down the stretch in all three region games.

How tall is Bardstown's starting lineup? Anyone got a roster?

 

As far as the game goes, I think Holmes wins by 10-15. Biggest thing they have on their side besides their athleticism and depth is experience. This will be the seniors 3rd trip to Rupp in 4 years.

 

Holmes and Bardstown only have one common opponent in E-town. Holmes beat E-town at E-town by 17. Bardstown beat them by 2 on a neutral floor.

 

As far as the Hall kid goes, we'll find out how good he is when he goes against Arrez Henderson who is notorious for his lockdown defense. (Shut down Profitt in last year's tourney).

Have seen both play a couple of times. Both Holmes and Bardstown are a mirror image of each other. Quick, fast and good leapers. I think Holmes plays a better "D" and from the comments from the fans at the All "A" that followed Bardstown, they haven't at that time started to play as a team. Hickman will never score as many against Holmes as I saw him score against Pineville (30) as Holmes just plays to good of a "D" to give up that many points to anyone. Saw Barstwon get beat by a good Paintsville team, but Paintsville isn't anywhere as quick, fast or as deep as what Cov Holmes is. Holmes should win by at least 10 or more points..

Watched Bardstown in the "A" State this year and Holmes in the 9th Region tournament.

 

While I'd like to say the Tigers have a chance they don't - Holmes BIG!!!

Bardstown is junior laden with a couple of very good seniors. Their strength may be their increasing depth, you never know who is going to be the star. In the All-"A" it was Hickman. In the District Tourney, it was DeMarco Phillips. In the Region Tourney, it was Hall. Heck, even a former reserve, Damian Edelen knocked down 24 against E-Town. Thrown in a couple of muscle players in Logan Edelen and Rashuan Phillips and who do you leave alone?

 

I'm sure Holmes is awesome, but there is a reason that this Tiger team is in their first Sweet 16, since 1971.

From the All "A" program just for you Eta Rho

 

#2 Downs 5"8" G 11

#3 S. Edelen 6'0" F 11

#4 Baker 6'3" F 11

#5 C. Hall 5'9" G 12

#10 T. Hickman 5'11" G 10

#12 Scott 5'9" G 12

#13 D. Edelen 6'3" F 11

#14 Wickliffe 6'1" F 12

#15 Cochran 5'9" G 11

#20 K. Hall 5'10" G 10

#21 J. Hickman 6'2" G 11

#22 Shrewsbury 5'9" G 11

#24 Keene 5'10" F 11

#25 Osborne 5'7" G 11

#31 Phillips 6'4" F 11

#32 B. Hall 6'0" F 11

#35 L. Edelen 6'3" F 12

#41 R. Phillips 6'3" F 11

Holmes is a serious contender for the state title. They win this game by 17.

Holmes is a serious contender for the state title. They win this game by 17.

 

 

While I will be rooting for Holmes in Rupp, I don't think they have too much of a chance going up against LexCath or Mason County. Both teams are as fast, deep, and both play a great "D" and have some real leapers who have size. Holmes just doesn't match up well with either one of those teams!

Holmes being as athletic as they are could have problems with this team basically because Holmes is used to overwelming teams with their athleticism but this Bardstown team could be the most athletic team Holmes has faced all season. Imo but I still favor Holmes in this game. Could be the best 1st rd. game to watch due to the fact that both teams have tremondous athletes which makes for a fun game to watch.

Holmes by 20+.

While I will be rooting for Holmes in Rupp, I don't think they have too much of a chance going up against LexCath or Mason County. Both teams are as fast, deep, and both play a great "D" and have some real leapers who have size. Holmes just doesn't match up well with either one of those teams!

 

Didn't CovCath beat Catholic early in the season? Yes, they did. LexCath is beatable, and will have a huge tough game right away with UHA.

Holmes being as athletic as they are could have problems with this team basically because Holmes is used to overwelming teams with their athleticism but this Bardstown team could be the most athletic team Holmes has faced all season. Imo but I still favor Holmes in this game. Could be the best 1st rd. game to watch due to the fact that both teams have tremondous athletes which makes for a fun game to watch.

 

Best 1st round game is LexCath and UHA.

Best 1st round game is LexCath and UHA.
I agree just meaning from an entertainment standpoint Dunks,Defense,quickness...etc

 

Also the Paintsville-Jtown matchup should be very interesting.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.