Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Stanley Burrel Writes A Big Check

Featured Replies

The X SR was a little upset the Muskies didn't land anyone on the A 10 coaches 1st team, and it sounds like he was a little upset...

"I've never been so upset. You'd think after getting the awards I got, I'd be happy right now. I'm really upset about how things turned out. I called this after the Dayton game, and no disrespect to Brian Roberts, but I said things like this are going to happen; we're going to be left out. I've got champions in that locker room. B.J., C.J., Derrick. Those guys shouldn't have been left out like that. No way. Those guys are champs. Where would we be without them. I'm so upset."

 

"It's ridiculous. This league is pathetic. We went 14-2, top 10 in the nation. Forget first team, Josh is probably the player of the year. You've got the best team and nobody on the first-team all-conference team? It's ridiculous. You talk about not having motivation? We got plenty now. I'm really looking forward to Atlantic City now."

 

"I should be happy right now. I got a good award and that's great. But my teammates got left out. No way. I'm the leader of this team, and I'm not going to sit here and say it's OK. I know how I'd feel if I got left out like that if I gave for the good of the team; if I sacrificed and was all about doing what's best for the team. I'm so upset, so upset."

 

"You see the teams and you're like, put B.J. in place of a Darnell Harris or somebody who went .500 or below. Put Derrick in place of a Bryant Dunston. You don't leave C.J. out. You don't leave guys out who just won a championship. Those guys could easily go to other teams and easily be getting 14, 15, 16 points a game. They decided to be here and play team ball. And they get left out for that? For being unselfish? It's not right, man. I don't care what I got. That Defensive Player of the Year? That's my team's award."

 

http://frontier.cincinnati.com/blogs/ncaa/2008/03/burrell-goes-off.asp#links

I like a Sr guard doing this cause he wasn't going off for himself but for his teammates.

  • Author
I like a Sr point guard doing this cause he wasn't going off for himself but for his teammates.

Expect he's not a PG... :D

  • Author
I have edited.

It's not a good idea to call out guys that made the list by name headed in to the A 10 tournament. No need for a bigger bullseye on your back...

Although he probably went a bit to far in naming players from other schools I admire the fact that he stood up and spoke out on behalf of his teammates that he feels were slighted.

It's not a good idea to call out guys that made the list by name headed in to the A 10 tournament. No need for a bigger bullseye on your back...

 

I agree. Its fine to back your boys but you don't call out other players.

Embarrassing..

 

Why?

  • Author
Why?

If RaSmooth said it, he'd be a hero... ;)

Kind of silly but I do respect him for taking up for his team like that and being a leader.

Embarrassing..

 

I wouldn't go that far. Not a good idea to call out other players and I'm guessing he didn't mean any disrespect to them. He lost his head and said things. I still like the fact that he spoke up for his teammates.

If I'm Sean Miller, I probably pull him aside and "counsel" him and he then says something like "the others are great players in their own right but...."

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.