March 11, 200818 yr This is what a guy should do... Some guys wouldn't name names for the reasons that have been stated, because it puts a bigger bullseye on your back, etc. But I don't think that Burrell is concerned about that because obviously he believes in his team and it looks to me like he wants everyones best shot to prove a point. Now by no means am I a Stanley Burrell fan and frankly have found him annoying in his 4 years, but this is what a leader does.
March 11, 200818 yr It's not a good idea to call out guys that made the list by name headed in to the A 10 tournament. No need for a bigger bullseye on your back... He crossed th line when he named kids from the other teams.............other than that I have no problem with him speaking out, he just should have thought it out a little better first.
March 12, 200818 yr Why? Well one you don't call out other players from other teams. Two you don't stomp out of a press confrence. Three, just play and prove them there all wrong. I admire him sticking up for his team, and his leadership but you don't call out other players.
March 12, 200818 yr Well one you don't call out other players from other teams. Two you don't stomp out of a press confrence. Three, just play and prove them there all wrong. I admire him sticking up for his team, and his leadership but you don't call out other players. When you say he stomped out of a presser, what exactly happened?
March 12, 200818 yr When you say he stomped out of a presser, what exactly happened? I mean he didn't get up and run out crying, but he did get up in he middle of the press confrence and walk out.
March 12, 200818 yr I heard the playback the other day on radio. Nice he has his guys interest in mind. Complaining about not getting individual awards comes off as a little petty. IMO
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.