Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chris Lofton--Tennessee Senior Day

Featured Replies

Apparently not in head to head. Even in UKs worst season in some time, the vols could only get a split.

 

Well I'm sure UK would rather have had a successful season with only 4 losses, make the NCAA tourney as a #1 or #2 seed more than they like that season split with Tennessee.

  • Replies 44
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, and we'll get back there soon. I hope UT enjoyed its first time ever as #1. It was a fun 24 hours.

Still looks like we're making the tournament and had success in a new coach's first year with a less-talent-than-usual UK squad. I'll take it. I guess that UK/UT are just having a "Freaky Friday" kind of year. It will all settle out.

(I've almost forgot the feeling of being a #1 or #2 seed, anyway!)

Let's try to say positive things about Chris on here, not bash him. He's had a great college career. You could also say that Tennessee is having greater success than Kentucky right now. Both sides can be stated, but let's just try to keep this thread on the positive things, and give Chris some credit for the outstanding college career he had, because many doubted him.

 

I am not bashing Chris. He had an oustanding career. Giving him 2 senior days with one against his home state school that didn't offer a scholarship, that wasn't the final home game, was a bit much by UT. A lot of people act like UT is 7-2 against Kentucky while he has been there. I was just pointing out the facts. They are 3-6.

Still just glad he's gone. Hope he just fades away now.....

Yes Slink I think they did. I was at the game and it was being shoved all over the UK fans there. They showed highlights of all the UK games he has played in. However failed to put any clips from this years game at Rupp... wonder why....?

 

He was an okay player coming out of high school, who to his credit made himself into a great one, it happens. I am glad he had a great career and I am ready to move on.....:thumb:

 

Did you watch any of the state tournaments that he played in? He was more than an ok player.

Did you watch any of the state tournaments that he played in? He was more than an ok player.

 

Yes, I did.. Maybe he was a little better then okay, but there is a reason so many coaches missed on him. I am not knocking Lofton, like I said he made himself into a great college player.

Did you watch any of the state tournaments that he played in? He was more than an ok player.

 

Don't kid yourself, he was an ok player when it came to college level talent. He was a 3 star and no one in the country expected him to play like he did.

I think Richy Farmer was an OK player. I believe he played pretty well in the State Tournament. I have seen a lot of players who have played well in the State Tournament that where just OK players. Don't get me wrong I have always been a Lofton supporter, but he was just an OK player coming out of High School. TN took a chance on him because they had a scholarship come available and came out ahead.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn't Lofton Mr. Kentucky basketball his senior year? Must have been a bad year for high school basketball in KY if they had to give that title to an "OK" player. If Chris had played at UK and made the same accomplishments he has at UT, I'm sure many posts on this thread would be read a lot different. He's the leading three point scorer in SEC history, currently third in the NCAA". Not too shabby for an OK player, but since he isn't at UK some people can't be big enough to give him the credit he deserves. Here's an idea, if you can't say something nice....well you know the rest.

:ylsuper:

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn't Lofton Mr. Kentucky basketball his senior year? Must have been a bad year for high school basketball in KY if they had to give that title to an "OK" player. If Chris had played at UK and made the same accomplishments he has at UT, I'm sure many posts on this thread would be read a lot different. He's the leading three point scorer in SEC history, currently third in the NCAA". Not too shabby for an OK player, but since he isn't at UK some people can't be big enough to give him the credit he deserves. Here's an idea, if you can't say something nice....well you know the rest.

Can you all not comprehend stuff like this? He WAS an ok player in HS when it comes to college talent! He was NOT nationally recruited. It wasn't like UNC, UK, UCLA, IU, and KU were all over him. He was a three star and worked hard to make himself what he is. Thats not a knock, its a fact.

 

Congrats to him for working hard to turn into the player he is, but don't go off acting like he was a 5 star, top 3 player in the country.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn't Lofton Mr. Kentucky basketball his senior year? Must have been a bad year for high school basketball in KY if they had to give that title to an "OK" player. If Chris had played at UK and made the same accomplishments he has at UT, I'm sure many posts on this thread would be read a lot different. He's the leading three point scorer in SEC history, currently third in the NCAA". Not too shabby for an OK player, but since he isn't at UK some people can't be big enough to give him the credit he deserves. Here's an idea, if you can't say something nice....well you know the rest.

 

I think you need to read some post on here and no jump to conclusions. I don't think anyone is calling Chris an OK player now and he is far from it. There are a lot of Mr. Basketball players from KY that where just OK and did not go on to play D-1 ball. I don't think anyone is saying anything bad about Lofton. He is a great player and a better person. He was a 3 star recruit coming out of High School that proved everybody wrong with his college career and I think if given the chance he may just prove he can play in the NBA. I wish the best for Chris in what ever he decides to do in life in or out of basketball.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn't Lofton Mr. Kentucky basketball his senior year? Must have been a bad year for high school basketball in KY if they had to give that title to an "OK" player. If Chris had played at UK and made the same accomplishments he has at UT, I'm sure many posts on this thread would be read a lot different. He's the leading three point scorer in SEC history, currently third in the NCAA". Not too shabby for an OK player, but since he isn't at UK some people can't be big enough to give him the credit he deserves. Here's an idea, if you can't say something nice....well you know the rest.

 

 

Well, Chris Harrison won Mr. Basketball too! :lol:

 

Actually, FWIW I've like Lofton from the beginning and wish him well in the future. Wished many times he was in Blue but then again I wished the same about Ralph Sampson for many years even after the Stick was gone.

Maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but wasn't Lofton Mr. Kentucky basketball his senior year? Must have been a bad year for high school basketball in KY if they had to give that title to an "OK" player. If Chris had played at UK and made the same accomplishments he has at UT, I'm sure many posts on this thread would be read a lot different. He's the leading three point scorer in SEC history, currently third in the NCAA". Not too shabby for an OK player, but since he isn't at UK some people can't be big enough to give him the credit he deserves. Here's an idea, if you can't say something nice....well you know the rest.

 

So did Brandon Stockon and Josh Carrier.....:confused:

 

Like i said I have no prob with Lofton. He made himself into a great college player.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.