Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 Courses

Featured Replies

Not quite that long, but in the upper 7,600's!:scared:

 

Wow thats rough. Sound like fun to be hitting driver 3 iron into par 4's.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
Wow thats rough. Sound like fun to be hitting driver 3 iron into par 4's.

 

Speaking for yourself.....would be more like driver 3 WOOD for me!:D

I will make it easy and just go with my top 5 favorites to play in Kentucky.

 

1. Champion Trace

2. Hurstbourne

3. Wasioto Winds

4. The Bull

5. Old Silo

 

Honorable mention to Houston Oaks and Kearney Hills for quality at an affordable public rate.

I llike all the courses you have listed, except I've never played Hurstbourne or seen it. So I will replace it with Dale Hollow, and add Hidden Cove as an honorable mention.

  • Author
My top 5 favorite public courses in Kentucky

1. Hidden Cove

2. Eagle Ridge

3. Wasioto Winds

4. Griffin Gate

5. Ky Dam Village

 

Top 5 KY courses for me would be:

1. Valhalla

2. Lassing Pointe

3. Hidden Cove

4. Country Club of Paducah

5. Old Silo

Top 5 KY courses for me would be:

1. Valhalla

2. Lassing Pointe

3. Hidden Cove

4. Country Club of Paducah

5. Old Silo

 

I'm assuming you haven't played Olde Stone, Big Springs, Hurstbourne, Cardinal Club, Champions, Traditions, or Persimmon Ridge?

I'm assuming you haven't played Olde Stone, Big Springs, Hurstbourne, Cardinal Club, Champions, Traditions, or Persimmon Ridge?

 

Wow, how did I forget Cardinal Club? Probably because I played absolutely terrible when I played there. It could probably replace Old Silo on my list.

 

I am dying to play Olde Stone, Valhalla, and Persimmon. I would like to play Big Spring, but it is not something that I am dying to do like the others.

Wow, how did I forget Cardinal Club? Probably because I played absolutely terrible when I played there. It could probably replace Old Silo on my list.

 

I am dying to play Olde Stone, Valhalla, and Persimmon. I would like to play Big Spring, but it is not something that I am dying to do like the others.

 

Big Spring is in AMAZING condition, they're greens are unbelievable. You would be very impressed if you got the chance to play there. Olde Stone is the best manicured course in the state, it's probably the hardest too.

Where is Olde Stone? Is it close to Eastern Kentucky? Sounds like a course worth playing, but I wouldn't want to drive 5 hours to do so.

  • Author
I'm assuming you haven't played Olde Stone, Big Springs, Hurstbourne, Cardinal Club, Champions, Traditions, or Persimmon Ridge?

 

I have not played Olde Stone. Was supposed to in November, but we got rained out. The only courses I've played of those you listed in Champions Trace and Persimmon Ridge. Champions Trace is a good course, but not in my personal top 5. I CAN'T STAND Persimmon Ridge!! From tee to green, it's an OK course, but once you get to the greens, it's like playing putt-putt at the county fair.

  • Author
Where is Olde Stone? Is it close to Eastern Kentucky? Sounds like a course worth playing, but I wouldn't want to drive 5 hours to do so.

 

It's just outside of Bowling Green.

1. California, OH

2. Twin Oaks

3. A.J. Jolly

4. Hickory Sticks

5. World of Golf....that giraffe is tough!

 

...hey, what can I say....I'm a hack!!

I have not played Olde Stone. Was supposed to in November, but we got rained out. The only courses I've played of those you listed in Champions Trace and Persimmon Ridge. Champions Trace is a good course, but not in my personal top 5. I CAN'T STAND Persimmon Ridge!! From tee to green, it's an OK course, but once you get to the greens, it's like playing putt-putt at the county fair.

 

This is why I want to play Persimmon. Some people have told me it is their favorite course in the state, others have described it as "goofy golf", "ridiculous", etc. because of the greens. Makes me want to check it out for myself.

  • Author
This is why I want to play Persimmon. Some people have told me it is their favorite course in the state, others have described it as "goofy golf", "ridiculous", etc. because of the greens. Makes me want to check it out for myself.

 

I've played three rounds on it; two in college and one just for "fun." Lowest score I've had there is 82 and the fewest amount of putts I've had is 36!:creepy:

I think everyone should play it once though.

Top 5:

 

1. Pinehurst #4

2. TPC Canyons - Las Vegas

3. Pine Needles

4. Pinehurst #2

5. Crooked Creek Golf Club - London

 

If you haven't had the chance to play it since some serious reconstruction, give it until the summer and it is a must play.

  • Author
Top 5:

 

1. Pinehurst #4

2. TPC Canyons - Las Vegas

3. Pine Needles

4. Pinehurst #2

5. Crooked Creek Golf Club - London

 

If you haven't had the chance to play it since some serious reconstruction, give it until the summer and it is a must play.

 

Wow. That's pretty big company for Crooked Creek.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.