Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Top 5 Courses

Featured Replies

This is true, and to be honest, Crooked Creek is not in that company. BUT, Crooked Creek has made some serious changes that will make it easily the best course between Knoxville and Lexington, with the potential to be the best course in Kentucky.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
This is true, and to be honest, Crooked Creek is not in that company. BUT, Crooked Creek has made some serious changes that will make it easily the best course between Knoxville and Lexington, with the potential to be the best course in Kentucky.

 

Awesome! I haven't played there since 1999 or 2000 (whenever the State Am was played there).

My top 5 favorite public courses in Kentucky

1. Hidden Cove

2. Eagle Ridge

3. Wasioto Winds

4. Griffin Gate

5. Ky Dam Village

 

Yeah you all need to make the trip to Grayson to play this course very nice.

I have heard some great things about Crooked Creek as well. Unfortunately, all the changes are not going to be easy to see for a lot of people as they have gone completely private.

I have heard some great things about Crooked Creek as well. Unfortunately, all the changes are not going to be easy to see for a lot of people as they have gone completely private.

 

Crooked Creek is going to be amazing. There is no telling how much money has been poured into it. It is private, but you BGP'ers have an "in". Just let me know, and I can arrange a tee time for you.

 

My Top 5

 

1. TPC Sawgrass - This is an unbelievable golf course

2. Valhalla - Majors and Ryder Cups- enough said

3. Ocean Course, Kiawah - brutal is an understatement

4. TPC Scottsdale - fun to play

5. Olde Stone - great course, but was hyped so much I was mildly disappointed.

Top 5:

 

1. Pinehurst #4

2. TPC Canyons - Las Vegas

3. Pine Needles

4. Pinehurst #2

5. Crooked Creek Golf Club - London

 

If you haven't had the chance to play it since some serious reconstruction, give it until the summer and it is a must play.

 

I'm amazed to see that you have a U.S. Open course as the 4th best course you have played. I wish I was going on golf trips with you.:ylsuper:

Crooked Creek is going to be amazing. There is no telling how much money has been poured into it. It is private, but you BGP'ers have an "in". Just let me know, and I can arrange a tee time for you.

 

My Top 5

 

1. TPC Sawgrass - This is an unbelievable golf course

2. Valhalla - Majors and Ryder Cups- enough said

3. Ocean Course, Kiawah - brutal is an understatement

4. TPC Scottsdale - fun to play

5. Olde Stone - great course, but was hyped so much I was mildly disappointed.

 

I spoke with Bill Sergent a few months ago and he was telling me a lot of the stuff they had done and were going to do. I'm definitely going to find my way down there sometime soon hopefully. Are they going to be closed on Mondays?

Muirfiled Village(Columbus)

The Pete Dye Course(Clarksburg WV)

TPC Myrtle Beach

Valhalla

Greenbrier-Old White Course

Crooked Creek is going to be amazing. There is no telling how much money has been poured into it. It is private, but you BGP'ers have an "in". Just let me know, and I can arrange a tee time for you.

 

My Top 5

 

1. TPC Sawgrass - This is an unbelievable golf course

2. Valhalla - Majors and Ryder Cups- enough said

3. Ocean Course, Kiawah - brutal is an understatement

4. TPC Scottsdale - fun to play

5. Olde Stone - great course, but was hyped so much I was mildly disappointed.

I've been able to play at Crooked Creek for several years now, as a guest of am individual who's company has a corporate membership there. I haven't seen it since the renovations. Hopefully I can play it a few times this summer.

I've been able to play at Crooked Creek for several years now, as a guest of am individual who's company has a corporate membership there. I haven't seen it since the renovations. Hopefully I can play it a few times this summer.

 

It has been semi-private for the last several years until Mike Nomi or however it is spelled bought it. He made a lot of changes and made it private.

It has been semi-private for the last several years until Mike Nomi or however it is spelled bought it. He made a lot of changes and made it private.

Well, I guess I'll have trouble getting a tee time there.:cry:

 

BTW, does anyone have any info on exactly what kind of changes they've made there? It was a nice course imo, but courses like Gibson Bay, The Bull, Wasiota Winds, and Old Silo were nicer. It will take a LOT of renovation to change it to the great course category.

Well, I guess I'll have trouble getting a tee time there.:cry:

 

BTW, does anyone have any info on exactly what kind of changes they've made there? It was a nice course imo, but courses like Gibson Bay, The Bull, Wasiota Winds, and Old Silo were nicer. It will take a LOT of renovation to change it to the great course category.

 

I know that they flipped the 9's. They have added some esthetics such as some rock walls, rock waterfall, etc. from what Bill told me. He spoke pretty highly of it, and from what I know of Bill he is a pretty straight shooter. He left coaching at Cumberland which he had done for years to do this, so something definitely appealed to him about it.

I heard they were completely rebuilding the greens and doing drastic changes to the whoole course.

I spoke with Bill Sergent a few months ago and he was telling me a lot of the stuff they had done and were going to do. I'm definitely going to find my way down there sometime soon hopefully. Are they going to be closed on Mondays?

 

Yes. The only play on Mondays will be during outings. Also, no outings other than on Mondays.

Well, I guess I'll have trouble getting a tee time there.:cry:

 

BTW, does anyone have any info on exactly what kind of changes they've made there? It was a nice course imo, but courses like Gibson Bay, The Bull, Wasiota Winds, and Old Silo were nicer. It will take a LOT of renovation to change it to the great course category.

 

Those courses you mentioned are nice courses, but honestly, will not be able to be mentioned in the same breath as the new Crooked Creek. The owner has VERY deep pockets, and wants to make it one of the premier courses in Kentucky.

 

Some of the changes include, all newly sodded tee boxes and collars around the greens, several new tee boxes, all bunkers re-worked with drainage and PGA quality sand, new irrigation system, several new water hazards, several new bunkers, several new fountains and water falls, and most of all a new level of commitment to keeping the course in tip top shape.

 

We also have a new proshop, lounge, restaurant, work out facility, lit tennis courts, indoor golf training facility with computerized video, and an unbelievable lit driving range. I've seen nothing like it anywhere, let alone in Southeast Kentucky. It is awesome!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.