East Carter 68 Raceland 42 (16th Region 1st Round)

Congrats to B-Bake and East Carter on a very impressive win.. Raceland started slow and could never catch up. Looked to me like the big gym and the big time atmosphere got to the Rams they couldn't buy a shot in the first half. Congrats to Coach Floyd on a district championship in his first season.

Congrats to the Raiders. They looked much more athletic than Raceland tonight on both ends. Also congrats to Raceland on a solid year and a district title.

I agree,and how in the world did East lose to Raceland in the regular season this was a mismatch from the start.

East Carter

Johson 25 points (9 of 10 from field--2 of 2 3 pointers 5 of 5 from the line)

Bair 15 points (4 of 7 from field - 6 of 8 FT)

Jackson 9 points

Kawada 6 points

Sagraves 5 points

Pemberton 4 points (9 rebounds)

Barnhill 4 points (7 rebounds)

East shot 51.1% from the field

Raceland

Boyles 14 points (7 rebounds)

Sparks 9 points

Nichols 6 points (all FT 6 of 10)

Dillon 4 points

Logan 3 points

Barker 2 points

Tolliver 2 points

Raceland shot 24.0% from the field (17.6% 3 pointers)

Looks as if Bair had a nice game as well to support Johnsons lights-out play. He has played very well as of late. Good season for Raceland though. I kinda thought this game may end up like this. East is playing very well, I honestly think they may not have the best team in the region, bu they do have the most "complete team" in the region if that makes any sense. They are pretty good at everything, they have size, rebound well, shoot well, and have great chemistry and coaching. They may not win it all, but do not be surprised if they do. The only concern is a lack of a true point, but if their "commitee" of ball handlers take care of the rock, they will have a chance to play in Rupp.

Looks as if Bair had a nice game as well to support Johnsons lights-out play. He has played very well as of late. Good season for Raceland though. I kinda thought this game may end up like this. East is playing very well, I honestly think they may not have the best team in the region, bu they do have the most "complete team" in the region if that makes any sense. They are pretty good at everything, they have size, rebound well, shoot well, and have great chemistry and coaching. They may not win it all, but do not be surprised if they do. The only concern is a lack of a true point, but if their "commitee" of ball handlers take care of the rock, they will have a chance to play in Rupp.

I agree East was impressive and has a chance to win the region, but they have to do a better job of inbounding the ball against the press, they stuggled in the 2nd half tonight against Raceland and Elliott will apply much more pressure if they were to meet them in the finals.

East could be on the fast track to the regional championship game.

:thumb:And very possible a region championship. Should they (East) play like they did tonight the rest of the way and imo they will be in Rupp ................and not sitting in the seats watching.;)

Congrats to East Carter on the win. Tough loss for the Rams as they lost to a very good East Carter team. The Raiders came out and shot the lights out early and often as they cruised to the win. Excellent game by the Johnson kid from East Carter. He was a force on both sides of the ball and did a great job on the boards as well.

Gutsy performance by Raceland's Tyler Boyles who fought through his illness and gave a 110% effort and showed great leadership.

A big Thank You to the Raceland Seniors as you close out your basketball careers. You have represented the entire Raceland/Worthington community with pride and proved yourself worthy as student/athletes.

You guys are a class act and have set the standard high for the future Rams to follow.

Hats off to Coach Floyd and his entire staff on a job well done!!:thumb:

Great post cville, the Raceland kids have nothing to hang their heads over. We were beaten by a better team on this night. Conrats again and good luck to East Carter. :thumb:

I thought Raceland looked a little nerveous last night in Morehead. They had alot of trouble shooting free throws and making easy baskets. IMO they were a little over confident coming out in the first half. But they did make a couple descent runs in the second half and seemed to be much more awake. Also they ran into a hot East Carter team, seemed like they couldnt miss all night.

Congratulations to East Carter on the win and best of luck the rest of the way. Also congrats to the Rams on a very good season and a district championship. You guys worked hard all year and accomplished alot.