March 5, 200818 yr It seems like many posters on here and many Americans for years have been lamenting that partisan politics have really hurt America. Due to the nature of the primaries, we've not been able to vote on a centrist or moderate, rather been forced to chose from two candidates nominated by the extremists of their respective party. McCain somehow has, as a moderate, been able to become the Republican nominee. And I don't think that anyone can deny that he is a centrist or moderate on a lot of issues, not all, but certainly he is not a right winger, that's for sure. Heck, you don't get the scathing criticism that he has from the far right wing of the party if you are in lock step with their beliefs. But if you look at Senators Obama and Clinton, there has been zero criticism of their positions from the far left wing of the Democratic Party. Which I can only logically believe and conclude is due to the fact that their positions are in line with and not to the right of the far left wing positions. No criticism has to equate with acceptance does it not? If either of them were centrists or moderates, they would have received the same scathing criticism from the far left that McCain received from the far right, wouldn't they?
March 5, 200818 yr Very true. I think a lot of moderate Democrats are so against the war that they are ignoring Obama's and Clinton's far left-leaning policies. Another factor may be that there simply aren't many Democrats on this forum, and those that are don't seem to be moderate Democrats, but instead more in line with the far left. Or they just aren't speaking their mind. I never really thought that partisan politics were a bad thing for the US. While I am conservative on most issues, I am more afraid of one party gaining control then anything. Better this stable, back and forth battle then domination by one side.
March 5, 200818 yr Very true. I think a lot of moderate Democrats are so against the war that they are ignoring Obama's and Clinton's far left-leaning policies. Another factor may be that there simply aren't many Democrats on this forum, and those that are don't seem to be moderate Democrats, but instead more in line with the far left. Or they just aren't speaking their mind. I never really thought that partisan politics were a bad thing for the US. While I am conservative on most issues, I am more afraid of one party gaining control then anything. Better this stable, back and forth battle then domination by one side. I think you may be right in that there aren't many Democrats on this forum. I happen to be a staunch Democrat, but I choose to not get into very many debates in this forum, or any others for that matter, simply because I am not one to try to change anothers opinion, just as no one is going to change mine.
March 5, 200818 yr Your a wise person pnthr4life... but we need you....Obama Rules! LoL. You do raise some interesting points though leatherneck!
March 5, 200818 yr McCain somehow has, as a moderate, been able to become the Republican nominee. And I don't think that anyone can deny that he is a centrist or moderate on a lot of issues, not all, but certainly he is not a right winger, that's for sure. Heck, you don't get the scathing criticism that he has from the far right wing of the party if you are in lock step with their beliefs. That's how I judge a candidate. If neither party likes him, he must be perfect! :thumb:
March 5, 200818 yr I think you may be right in that there aren't many Democrats on this forum. I happen to be a staunch Democrat, but I choose to not get into very many debates in this forum, or any others for that matter, simply because I am not one to try to change anothers opinion, just as no one is going to change mine. I am a Democrat. They just do a poor job of representing my thoughts, values and beliefs.
March 5, 200818 yr That's how I judge a candidate. If neither party likes him, he must be perfect! :thumb: The way it seems in the media.......your perfect candidate would be.................George W Bush.
March 5, 200818 yr The way it seems in the media.......your perfect candidate would be.................George W Bush. Not exactly. Besides, the Repubs do like him. They're just careful who they say it around.
March 5, 200818 yr I am a Democrat. They just do a poor job of representing my thoughts, values and beliefs. I'm not going to tell you that they hit every one of mine, but the ones that are of the utmost importance to me, they do. Neither party is perfect and neither are either party's candidates, but the Democratic party is more in line with my beliefs, thats all.
March 5, 200818 yr I'm not going to tell you that they hit every one of mine, but the ones that are of the utmost importance to me, they do. Neither party is perfect and neither are either party's candidates, but the Democratic party is more in line with my beliefs, thats all. Understand and appreciate that. It is widely known that for me, they fail miserably on the abortion issue. I cannot support a party that thinks it is okay for a society to allow the killing of unborn babies. On many other issues, I would side with Democrats.
March 5, 200818 yr Understand and appreciate that. It is widely known that for me, they fail miserably on the abortion issue. I cannot support a party that thinks it is okay for a society to allow the killing of unborn babies. On many other issues, I would side with Democrats. And I understand and appreciate that as well.
March 5, 200818 yr I think you may be right in that there aren't many Democrats on this forum. I happen to be a staunch Democrat, but I choose to not get into very many debates in this forum, or any others for that matter, simply because I am not one to try to change anothers opinion, just as no one is going to change mine. I tell you what though, trying to defend my beliefs has made them a lot stronger in my mind, even if I can't convince a lot of people. Same goes for my Catholic faith, back in my earlier P&R days when I tried to pick on the Protestants. :sssh: :lol:
March 5, 200818 yr I tell you what though, trying to defend my beliefs has made them a lot stronger in my mind, even if I can't convince a lot of people. Same goes for my Catholic faith, back in my earlier P&R days when I tried to pick on the Protestants. :sssh: :lol: You guys are the only ones that consider us Protestants. I consider us Christian brothers.:thumb:
March 5, 200818 yr I'm a Dem, but I don't care for either of the D offerings. Probably can't bring myself to vote for McCain either.
March 5, 200818 yr You guys are the only ones that consider us Protestants. I consider us Christian brothers.:thumb: Too bad many Protestant Christians don't. Might've cut down on decades of anti-Catholic bias in this country. Heck, many don't even think Catholics qualify as Christians, for some reason (i.e., their xenophobic preacher told them so).
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.