Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky's Tournament Hopes

Featured Replies

Here is how things are looking at this point in time:

 

- RPI = 52 (in the 40's would probably lock up an NCAA slot)

 

- Need another 2 wins probably to be a lock for the NCAA

 

- Already a lock for the NIT (nothing to be proud of unless you think back to the point in the season when UK was 7-9)

 

- If they take care of business, they should get a bye in the SEC tourney and face the winner of Ole Miss/Georgia; if they win that game, they will likely face Miss. St or Florida

 

- Key factors - no Patterson and looking more and more like no Meeks

 

- Key wins: Vanderbilt, Tennessee, Arkansas, Ole Miss

 

- Key losses: Gardner Webb, San Diego, UAB

 

- Good losses: UNC by 9, UT on the road without Patterson by 3

 

- SOS: 14

 

I still think its favorable for UK to take care of business and earn a spot in the NCAA tourney, but nothing is locked up yet. South Carolina is a must win this week and Florida will be just as important this weekend.

  • Replies 37
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They've got a decent chance. Beating South Carolina and Florida and winning at least one game in the SEC tourney should get them in, IMO. That won't be easy, but they can do it.

With two more regular season wins they have a great shot of making it and a run in the SEC wouldn't be that bad either.

  • Author
With two more regualr season wins they have a great shot of making it and a run in the SEC wouldn't be that bad either.

 

I think they will be in if they win two more games. I personally think they will win 3 more though and have a great shot at a 4th.

I know it is a cliche, but just play one at a time.

I know it is a cliche, but just play one at a time.

 

That's true. But, if you loose one of the next two, then their backs are really on the ropes. But, by the looks of this UK team and their coach they will come out swinging.

It's going to be tough. The game Wednesday in Columbia will be Dave Odom's last home game, and Senior night for the Gamecocks.

They've got a decent chance. Beating South Carolina and Florida and winning at least one game in the SEC tourney should get them in, IMO. That won't be easy, but they can do it.

 

Agreed. USC is going to be a hornets nest. SR night and Odom's last game at home. I don't see a loss in Bradley and Crawford's SR Day, so they will be in good shape if they beat USC...

  • Author
Agreed. USC is going to be a hornets nest. SR night and Odom's last game at home. I don't see a loss in Bradley and Crawford's SR Day, so they will be in good shape if they beat USC...

 

I have said for 2 weeks now that USC is no lock on the road. There will be a lot of emotion flowing for the Gamecocks in that game and if they start hitting shots, it'll be a tough loss for the Cats.

It will be tough for UK to make the tourney, if they win out and get the 1st round bye in the SEC. Not to mention Florida has beaten UK so many times in a row now that I've lost track. If they loose one more before their 2nd SEC tourney game, I'd say they are out. I just don't think the committee will look at them with an favor should they not win 3 of the next four, if they get a fourth game.

Agreed. USC is going to be a hornets nest. SR night and Odom's last game at home. I don't see a loss in Bradley and Crawford's SR Day, so they will be in good shape if they beat USC...

 

Thats pretty much where I stand. I'm more worried about USC than UF.

- If they take care of business, they should get a bye in the SEC tourney and face the winner of Ole Miss/Georgia; if they win that game, they will likely face Miss. St or Florida

 

Question: I thought only the top two seeds in each division get a 1st round bye? Wouldn't that be UT and Vandy, or do UK wins against SC and FL put them at the 2 seed?

 

I think the game in Columbia could be a nightmare, as many have already mentioned.

  • Author
Question: I thought only the top two seeds in each division get a 1st round bye? Wouldn't that be UT and Vandy, or do UK wins against SC and FL put them at the 2 seed?

 

I think the game in Columbia could be a nightmare, as many have already mentioned.

 

UK controls their own destiny as far as a 2 seed. If they win both games, they get the bye. We have a game on Vandy in the loss column.

Question: I thought only the top two seeds in each division get a 1st round bye? Wouldn't that be UT and Vandy, or do UK wins against SC and FL put them at the 2 seed?

 

I think the game in Columbia could be a nightmare, as many have already mentioned.

 

UK is 10-4 in the SEC. Vandy is 9-5.

 

UK has to go to South Carolina, and then has Florida for Senior Day.

 

Vandy has Miss St at home, and finishes with a road trip to Bama.

Agreed. USC is going to be a hornets nest. SR night and Odom's last game at home. I don't see a loss in Bradley and Crawford's SR Day, so they will be in good shape if they beat USC...

 

South Carolina is going to come out swinging. I believe this will be a tougher game than Florida.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.