Bryan Station 94 Scott Co. 75

Bottom Line is if SC can get the ball to Phares (in scoring position) they will be hard to beat, I haven't been sold on the fact that any SC guard can create on their own, that doesnt work well with Hicks' System. Lets hope they can start clicking again like they tend to do around tournament time!

Well said. Coach Hicks needs that lead guard to be able to create on his own and they just don't have that type of guard this year.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I thought the refs let both teams get away with a lot. SC pushed off a lot bringing the ball down. BS held onto jerseys a lot. I was sitting on the first row at mid-court. Both teams were huge and strong. Very physical game.

I too thought SC should have gotten the ball into Phares more. I don't think BS could have stopped him. I thought he could have scored 40 on BS. Phares has improved tremendously this year. He would be in my top 5 for Mr Basketball next year.

Scott will be very dangerous in the 11th, even though they lost. If they get a good draw (ie. NOT Lex-Cath), then could easily get to the region finals. Then who knows? Maybe a rematch with Station.

(Sorry about the "shot" BellAlum40 - just trying to keep some balance on here)

Congrats to both teams on their seasons. Again it is a shame that only one team can get out of the 11th. I think the KHSAA needs to redraw the districts and regions again.

I think it is hard to question calls when both teams are playing pressure "D".

SC Guard play seems to be a thorn in their side...gotta have a ballhandler step up!

Adams started off shaky the first couple plays and then handled the ball very well. I would like to know his assist number for the game. SC as a team has to take better care of the ball as they get very careless turnovers. Jordan Lee has to hit easy shots and take the double and triple teams off Phares.

I would give Mack my Mr Basketball vote if I had one. He may not be the most pure athletically talented player in the state. Nor may he have the most upside potential at the next levels. But he is so good, plays hard the entire game, and makes his team even better.

But I am afraid he will not get the recognition he deserves.

11th Region district winners: Bryan Station, Lex Cath, Madison Central, Franklin County

11th Region district runner-ups: Richmond Model, Dunbar, Scott County, Western Hills

When is the draw, Saturday or Sunday?

I just want to say the 11th region is sick with talent and about the top six to eight teams could win a lot of regions in the state.

What Regions would Franklin County or Western Hills win? Don't get me wrong the other six particapants are good but don't say all 8, this is hyperbole at it's best.

What Regions would Franklin County or Western Hills win? Don't get me wrong the other six particapants are good but don't say all 8, this is hyperbole at it's best.
I suspect he was referring to Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Madison Central and the five Lexington public schools, not the eight teams in the regional tournament.

I suspect he was referring to Scott County, Lexington Catholic, Madison Central and the five Lexington public schools, not the eight teams in the regional tournament.

Franklin County beat Madison Central, Tates Creek and Lafayette - went undefeated in district, lost to Dunbar and Scott County, as did a lot of others. FCHS would be in the mix in many regions, however, saying they and Western Hills would win a lot of other regions admittedly is a stretch. But I think this is off thread.