Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How will the Reds do this season?

Featured Replies

I hope we have a lot of Reds fans on this board. I think we will be pretty good with Brandon Phillips and Aaron Harang leading the way. Also I heard we picked up a good closer and a decent SP in Josh Fogg.

 

Thoughts?

  • Replies 39
  • Views 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope we have a lot of Reds fans on this board. I think we will be pretty good with Brandon Phillips and Aaron Harang leading the way. Also I heard we picked up a good closer and a decent SP in Josh Fogg.

 

Thoughts?

 

 

There are a lot of Reds fans on this site, and we always track the whole season. The Reds still have a lot of question marks about their starting pitching, but I'm more excited about this season than I have been in a long time.

If we could void the Hamilton trade, I'd be even more excited.

If we could void the Hamilton trade, I'd be even more excited.

 

 

I think you'll be even more excited once you see Volquez pitch.

Addition of Coredero is big. He converted 44/51 save opportunites with a 2.98 era last year. Does this get the Reds into contention? Possibly. The big question marks are with starting pitching now.

1. Harang Ace no doubt

2. Arroyo Is he really a #2?

3. Phogg? Possibly a 3, but who knows

4. Affeldt? Starter turned reliever. Can he develop OS pitch? If not I can't see him starting

5. Bailey, Cueto?

I have to be missing someone. Right?

With a strong pitching staff, the everyday lineup may suffice. However I don't think we can say this is a strong staff, so inadequecies in the lineup become more glaring.

Can we be conservatively optimistic and hope all the pieces fall into the right places for the Reds? Hey why not. Its spring and hope springs eternal.

I think you'll be even more excited once you see Volquez pitch.

 

He's the one I was missing. Maybe he's the one to step up out of the young guys.

I haven't been to a Reds game in eons. I think this year I'll change that.

He's the one I was missing. Maybe he's the one to step up out of the young guys.

 

 

You're missing Belisle also.

You're missing Belisle also.

 

Right you are. Amazing I could forget Matt Belisle:lol: He is listed as the #3 starter at this time.

  • Author

I can't remember who we got for Hamilton. When did we make the trade and with whom?

I can't remember who we got for Hamilton. When did we make the trade and with whom?

 

 

The Reds received Volquez from Texas in the trade.

82 wins.

 

 

And how do you see that stacking up in the NL Central?

I like it that Baker said he's not afraid to use the young guys out of the bullpen if they don't win a starting spot. I've never understood why you wouldn't. I'm also confident that the 7th-9th innings will be far better than last year. If people quit whining about the Hamilton trade I'd be much happier too. I think in 2009 Bruce will have better numbers than Hamilton and he'll be 22 w/o 5 years of abusing his body almost to the point of death. In 2008 Hamilton really had no place to play for the Reds.

82 wins.

 

I will wait until we see who's coming north before I make a prediction. 82 could be a good number though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.